Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Destination Folder
Hallo Hasleo,
I want to change the destination folder, usually on a monthly basis, for my daily backups. But when I go go Home>File Backup->Actions->edit  The destination folder is disabled.
How can I do that?
Once the task has been defined, that cannot be done... only with a new task (with a new TARGET folder) can it be done.  Since you are describing a manual intervention, you can easily RENAME your original task TARGET folder then recreate the original task TARGET folder.  When you do this, Hasleo will find its task folder empty (the new one you just created) on the next run and produce a new FULL automatically in order to continue the task.

I do something similar with a rudimentary Powershell script that gets run by Hasleo using its "Backup Options/Command" feature.  It's used to create a simple 2-mo retention scheme (Current Month & Current Month -1)... I don't need anymore than that.  The whole thing is run automatically by Hasleo and Powershell.
Yeah, I was thinking something like that could work, except my preference would be to keep the naming of the backup folder in sync with the backup period, so backup_2304 for April 2023, backup_2305 for May 2023 etc. which would require a new task every month, which has the potential of introducing errors. Maybe I use a non specific name for the current backup and rename it at the end of month to reflect the backup period. Thanks for your advice.
(05-03-2023, 12:04 AM)Wolfweb28 Wrote: Maybe I use a non specific name for the current backup and rename it at the end of month to reflect the backup period.

That's probably the easiest way to manually solve your issue...