Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning w/HBS
Greetings!  I just started playing with your cloning feature.  First attempt... problem.  I kinda understand why it won't allow OS disk cloning to an external USB disk, but I don't understand the error msg that states destination disk is too small to clone a single Partition when the source partition is smaller than the destination disk, but originates from a larger disk.  Why wouldn't that be allowed... we're only dealing with a single partition clone?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my confusion... Confused
(05-28-2023, 11:57 PM)Froggie Wrote: Greetings!  I just started playing with your cloning feature.  First attempt... problem.  I kinda understand why it won't allow OS disk cloning to an external USB disk, but I don't understand the error msg that states destination disk is too small to clone a single Partition when the source partition is smaller than the destination disk, but originates from a larger disk.  Why wouldn't that be allowed... we're only dealing with a single partition clone?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my confusion... Confused

The partition cloning feature can only clone the source partition to a specified area on the destination disk, which can be an existing partition, free space, or contiguous space (it can be a combination of multiple existing partitions and free space), are you sure that the area you selected on the destination disk is enough to fit the source partition?
The source partition was appx 530mb, the destination free space was 240gB (it was a test). Thee error complaint was about the disk size, and as I mentioned, the source partition was on a 1tB disc and the free space was on a 240gB disk. Will try again... Yup