Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command Line Interface (CLI) usage
Greetings!  My first attempt at using the CLI was apparently very successful... tying a CLI Differential creating command to an event trigger (USB discovery) via pre-Command w/Powershell.

I then set up a DAILY Incremental task.  When I try to execute a CLI image creation based on that task, It appears to run to about the 46% point then ends in failure, although it appears that the requested image was created.  The CLI command is below, along with the error from the LOG.  I'm using the same Powershell successful script mentioned above.  Any idea what's going on?

CLI: BackupCmdUI.exe /a run /g 9CE52D55-0C5F-44D9-B700-3198EC9E0A3C /t 2
LOG error: The handle is invalid. (0x00A5001200000000), The task failed with 0x00A5001200000000.

...additional DataPoint, both the scheduled version and the manual version work fine on that task.
Regarding the error, please click "[Image: memu_normal.png]" > "Save log file" to open the save log file dialog, save the log file and then send it to us via email at [email protected].
FYI... this issue has been worked with HBS developers and the result is as follows...

An HBS task is considered the full scope of the task... event triggers, pre & Post Commands, etc.  Since it's a queued operation, the non-queued running of the Command Line Interface (BackupCmdUI.exe) referencing a currently queued running Task will produce inconsistent results and occasional errors.

Basically, what this means is you cannot run BackupCmdUI.exe during the pre or post Command function of an active task (what I was trying to do with Powershell)... the results will be inconsistent, possibly with errors.

My current workaround has me defining a task within the main app but not running it there using the app-based scheduler.  I then use a home made GFS (Grandfather, Father, Son) Powershell script, using BackupCmdUI.exe to do the following...

-On the 2nd of every month, delete the secondary imaging chain then move the primary imaging chain to the secondary folder.
-On any weekday except MONDAY, produce an INCREMENTAL image, unless primary folder is empty, then produce a FULL image (automatic operation by HBS).
-On Mondays, produce a DIFFERENTIAL image, unless primary folder is empty, then produce a FULL image (automatic operation by HBS).

This script gives me 1-2 months worth of backups at any given time with a DIFFERENTIAL on Mondays and an INCREMENTAL on all other weekdays, except the 2nd of each month when a FULL is produced to start a new primary image chain.  It's rudimentary, but works well... Cool
While running under Powershell, it matters not where I place the CLI SILENT switch (/s "1"), the task is never silent.

Command example(s)...

& 'C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a "run" /g "TaskGUID" /t "2" /s "1"
...or
    & 'C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a "run" /s "1" /g "TaskGUID" /t "2"

The commands run as expected (DIFFERENTIAL images) except for the SILENT switch... any ideas...?

Edit: PS- the same thing happens when I run the "switched" commands under COMMAND PROMPT...

C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a run /g TaskGUID /t 2 /s 1
...or
    C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe /a run /s 1 /g TaskGUID /t 2

(06-29-2023, 09:48 AM)Froggie Wrote: While running under Powershell, it matters not where I place the CLI SILENT switch (/s "1"), the task is never silent.

Command example(s)...

& 'C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a "run" /g "TaskGUID" /t "2" /s "1"
...or
    & 'C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a "run" /s "1" /g "TaskGUID" /t "2"

The commands run as expected (DIFFERENTIAL images) except for the SILENT switch... any ideas...?

Edit: PS- the same thing happens when I run the "switched" commands under COMMAND PROMPT...

C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe' /a run /g TaskGUID /t 2 /s 1
...or
    C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\BackupCmdUI.exe /a run /s 1 /g TaskGUID /t 2

We will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.
(06-29-2023, 10:48 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 09:48 AM)Froggie Wrote: While running under Powershell, it matters not where I place the CLI SILENT switch (/s "1"), the task is never silent.

Command example(s)...

...or

...or

We will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.

Do you wish to not display any information on the screen? Currently only interactive messages are suppressed.
Since the main purpose of a CLI is to provide interactive responses via the Command Line, I would think all output (except maybe errors) should be suppressed when SILENT is invoked... thanks for your help with this!
(06-29-2023, 08:33 PM)Froggie Wrote: Since the main purpose of a CLI is to provide interactive responses via the Command Line, I would think all output (except maybe errors) should be suppressed when SILENT is invoked... thanks for your help with this!

Ok, thanks for your suggestion.
(06-29-2023, 08:33 PM)Froggie Wrote: Since the main purpose of a CLI is to provide interactive responses via the Command Line, I would think all output (except maybe errors) should be suppressed when SILENT is invoked... thanks for your help with this!

GFS (Grandfather, Father, Son) is now possible, please refer to the POST.