Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command Line Interface (CLI) usage
FYI... this issue has been worked with HBS developers and the result is as follows...

An HBS task is considered the full scope of the task... event triggers, pre & Post Commands, etc.  Since it's a queued operation, the non-queued running of the Command Line Interface (BackupCmdUI.exe) referencing a currently queued running Task will produce inconsistent results and occasional errors.

Basically, what this means is you cannot run BackupCmdUI.exe during the pre or post Command function of an active task (what I was trying to do with Powershell)... the results will be inconsistent, possibly with errors.

My current workaround has me defining a task within the main app but not running it there using the app-based scheduler.  I then use a home made GFS (Grandfather, Father, Son) Powershell script, using BackupCmdUI.exe to do the following...

-On the 2nd of every month, delete the secondary imaging chain then move the primary imaging chain to the secondary folder.
-On any weekday except MONDAY, produce an INCREMENTAL image, unless primary folder is empty, then produce a FULL image (automatic operation by HBS).
-On Mondays, produce a DIFFERENTIAL image, unless primary folder is empty, then produce a FULL image (automatic operation by HBS).

This script gives me 1-2 months worth of backups at any given time with a DIFFERENTIAL on Mondays and an INCREMENTAL on all other weekdays, except the 2nd of each month when a FULL is produced to start a new primary image chain.  It's rudimentary, but works well... Cool

Messages In This Thread
Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by Froggie - 05-29-2023, 02:18 AM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by admin - 05-29-2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by Froggie - 06-15-2023, 11:10 PM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by admin - 06-29-2023, 10:48 AM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by admin - 06-29-2023, 11:12 AM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by admin - 06-30-2023, 12:15 PM
RE: Command Line Interface (CLI) usage - by admin - 09-29-2023, 08:19 PM