Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 USB HDD not booting in another pc
Hello. I just made a 64bit Windows 10 Insider preview USB HDD. I installed it using WinToUsb, and I formatted the drive for both UEFI and BIOS - machines. I completed the installation in my laptop, and it works perfectly and smooth.  But when I tried to move the HDD to my older PC, it doesn't boot. It tries to load W10 for a while, displaying the Windows Logo, then screen goes black and 2 seconds after that the PC reboots. Then it tries to load startup repair for a while, but after that the same happens. It works perfectly in my laptop. The laptop has Pentium, 4GB DDR3-1366 (one module), and integrated graphics. The PC is a little older, it has Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB DDR2-667 (one module), Nvidia Geforce GT 640. I tried changing BIOS settings for the PC, but "load optimized defaults" didn't make any difference, and "load fail-safe defaults" just made it slower. Do I have to install some drivers for the another PC to make it to work or what? There is no BSOD or anything, it just reboots. BTW, the laptop has a broken SATA Controller, so that's why I have to use WinToGo. The PC is fine. It runs Windows Vista perfectly. (It is 32-bit, but the CPU supports 64-bit, as it works with 64-bit Ubuntu.)

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10 USB HDD not booting in another pc - by lasa - 06-17-2015, 10:21 PM