Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start the Service on-demand
I'm wondering if the option to start the service on-demand could be added...or, set the default to Manual start.

Doesn't make sense for those who use the Backup Suite once a week to have the service constantly running.
I'm sorry, the service program is set to start automatically, you need to change it manually.
(07-18-2023, 10:56 PM)admin Wrote: I'm sorry, the service program is set to start automatically, you need to change it manually.

It reverts back to Automatic after a reboot.
(07-19-2023, 07:27 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 10:56 PM)admin Wrote: I'm sorry, the service program is set to start automatically, you need to change it manually.

1. Open the Windows Services Manager, double-click "Hasleo Backup Suite Service" service
2. Click "Start type" drop-down menu and select the Manual option
3. Click the Apply and OK button.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=387]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-21-2023, 12:33 AM)admin Wrote:

1. Open the Windows Services Manager, double-click "Hasleo Backup Suite Service" service

That's exactly what I did.

However, Backup Suite will not start unless you manually start the service, or the service is set to Automatic.

The service should be able to start on-demand (to be clear...when opening Backup Suite) when it's set to Manual.
(07-21-2023, 06:50 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 12:33 AM)admin Wrote:

That's exactly what I did.

However, Backup Suite will not start unless you manually start the service, or the service is set to Automatic.

The service should be able to start on-demand (to be clear...when opening Backup Suite) when it's set to Manual.

I'm sorry that the HBS GUI doesn't run with admin privileges, so it doesn't have the privilege to start the service program. If you must do this, please manually run the HBS GUI program as an administrator.
(07-21-2023, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote: I'm sorry that the HBS GUI doesn't run with admin privileges, so it doesn't have the privilege to start the service program. If you must do this, please manually run the HBS GUI program as an administrator.

I did a right-click Run as Administrator, and got the error message...

"Interprocess communication failure, please restart the computer and try again".

I didn't restart, and saw that the service was started, and I was able to open HBS on the second attempt.

Of course, this is not how it should work.

If I would have restarted, I would have received the error message again.
(07-21-2023, 02:58 PM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote: I'm sorry that the HBS GUI doesn't run with admin privileges, so it doesn't have the privilege to start the service program. If you must do this, please manually run the HBS GUI program as an administrator.

"Interprocess communication failure, please restart the computer and try again".

I didn't restart, and saw that the service was started, and I was able to open HBS on the second attempt.

Please download and try the fixed version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230724.exe
(07-24-2023, 03:24 PM)admin Wrote:

It works.

Thanks.
(07-26-2023, 07:00 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 03:24 PM)admin Wrote:

It works.

Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that.