Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPE problem on a Win 11 system
I installed HBS on a Windows 11 system. When I boot into HBS WinPE, it doesn’t display any backups. The system backup option under "Backup" and the select task to restore option under "Restore" are both grayed out.
When I installed Windows, I had to load the storage driver because the installation didn’t detect the drive. I also injected the same driver into WinPE, but it didn’t fix the issue. Do I need to install the driver while using WinPE?
Is the problem because of Intel Rapid Store Technology (IRST)? Do I need to disable it in the BIOS?
I disabled IRST, which enabled AHCI, but the system crashed with a BSOD on boot. I then re-enabled IRST, and the system booted up with no issues.

It seems IRST is the reason for the problem. I think disabling IRST, which enables AHCI, and installing Windows would solve the problem.
Enabling AHCI resolved the issues.
(07-31-2023, 07:02 PM)khanyash Wrote: When I installed Windows, I had to load the storage driver because the installation didn’t detect the drive. I also injected the same driver into WinPE, but it didn’t fix the issue. Do I need to install the driver while using WinPE?

We recommend that you try to install the driver while WinPE is running, as shown in the image below:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=366]
Enabling AHCI resolved the issues. I'll try installing the driver if I reinstall Windows with IRST enabled or switch to it. Switching modes deactivates one of my software licenses, and I will have to contact support again to reset it.