Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta restore is now available!!!!
Rainbow 
The delta restore has a faster restore speed than the traditional full restore because it restores only the changed blocks on the disk. This benefits from advanced delta detection technology, which enables Hasleo Backup Suite to quickly and efficiently check for changed blocks on disk. Here is the download link:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...Beta_2.exe

IMPORTANT: This is a beta release only and not the final release!!!

And please note that the delta restore is currently only available when restoring the Windows operating system or a partition to its original location.
Great! Installed it and will provide feedback soon. Delay Restore; I wonder if "Delay" is a typo.
Sorry, it was our mistake and we corrected it.
Greetings!  I think this explains some of the sizable speed differences I discovered when testing GFS in Beta #1, yes??

Also, when using 3gB+ NvME devices as SOURCE and TARGET, I see very little restoration speed difference between your DELTA restore and the old FULL restore.  I tested this by making a pass with DELTA restore, then wiping the OS partition (w/Zeros) prior to doing the restore once again.  The times were about the same.  Does this mean the largest benefit will be for those using HDD technology rather than high-speed SSD technology?
I stand corrected.  I never saw the Delta Restore option offered due to the fact that I was restoring a disk image rather than a System image or a single partition.  I guess I don't understand why this option wouldn't be offered for disk images as well if returning to the original disk like System images.

Sorry for the above assumptions...
I tested it. A delta restore took approximately 13% of the time compared to a normal restore on my HDD system. Great job, Hasleo team!
(10-15-2023, 02:54 AM)Froggie Wrote: I stand corrected.  I never saw the Delta Restore option offered due to the fact that I was restoring a disk image rather than a System image or a single partition.  I guess I don't understand why this option wouldn't be offered for disk images as well if returning to the original disk like System images.

As a question... why would the new Delta Restore option only support System image restoration and Partition restoration?  A System Image, in many cases, is only a partial partition set of the main disk the OS resides on.  What is the difference between that, a partition from that image and a whole disk image which contains the "system set" of partitions as well.  When returning those options to their original disk (and geometry), it seems to me that Delta Restore would be very happy with those finds as well as the modes you do support.

Any big reason why "we" Rolleyes  can't do that...??  Thanks for your consideration...
(10-15-2023, 04:33 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 02:54 AM)Froggie Wrote: I stand corrected.  I never saw the Delta Restore option offered due to the fact that I was restoring a disk image rather than a System image or a single partition.  I guess I don't understand why this option wouldn't be offered for disk images as well if returning to the original disk like System images.

As a question... why would the new Delta Restore option only support System image restoration and Partition restoration?  A System Image, in many cases, is only a partial partition set of the main disk the OS resides on.  What is the difference between that, a partition from that image and a whole disk image which contains the "system set" of partitions as well.  When returning those options to their original disk (and geometry), it seems to me that Delta Restore would be very happy with those finds as well as the modes you do support.

Any big reason why "we" Rolleyes  can't do that...??  Thanks for your consideration...

The delta restore is useful when restoring a partition to its original location (the original partition must still exist on the disk), so it can certainly be used for disk restore, we just haven't implemented it yet.
I'm very surprised that more users haven't reacted to this feature addition.  To my knowledge, only (2) other imaging applications available contain a similar feature... it is very unique.  It provides for very fast recent restorations of images... fast enough where it would be competitive to snapshot applications like RollbackRX and EazFix (which don't even give you backup images to restore with), and much much safer for the System (all being done within Windows APIs).

I personally believe it has been the best addition to this imaging program since its inception... of course YMMV Angel
(10-19-2023, 03:59 AM)Froggie Wrote: I'm very surprised that more users haven't reacted to this feature addition.  To my knowledge, only (2) other imaging applications available contain a similar feature... it is very unique.  It provides for very fast recent restorations of images... fast enough where it would be competitive to snapshot applications like RollbackRX and EazFix (which don't even give you backup images to restore with), and much much safer for the System (all being done within Windows APIs).

I personally believe it has been the best addition to this imaging program since its inception... of course YMMV Angel

Maybe more people haven't noticed it, we care more about technology and are not good at promoting products. Sad