Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion about Backup button
As a new user I was not clear on what backup type the Backup button would trigger (sometimes full... sometimes incremental)

I was looking for a setting for full/differential/incremental... eventually found it under Actions.

I think it would eliminate some confusion if you removed the Backup button and just went with the Actions button

JD
In the latest version, you can change the default behavior of the Backup button in Backup Options => Advanced page.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=405]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok that's a useful option...

However, please consider changing the label on the button to reflect the setting so the label shows
Full backup
Inc Backup
Diff Backup

or something similar

In addition, the progress window should always include a reference to the kind of backup that is running

JD
(11-03-2023, 02:16 AM)JayDee Wrote: Ok that's a useful option...

However, please consider changing the label on the button to reflect the setting so the label shows
Full backup
Inc Backup
Diff Backup

or something similar

In addition, the progress window should always include a reference to the kind of backup that is running

JD

I'm sorry that changing the label will make the size of the backup button very wide, especially for some non-English speaking users, which will cause the interface to become very ugly. We'll look at it and see if there's a better way.

Regarding the suggestion to display the backup type in the progress window, we will improve it.
(11-03-2023, 03:47 PM)admin Wrote:

Full backup
Inc Backup
Diff Backup

or something similar

JD

I'm sorry that changing the label will make the size of the backup button very wide, especially for some non-English speaking users, which will cause the interface to become very ugly. We'll look at it and see if there's a better way.

Regarding the suggestion to display the backup type in the progress window, we will improve it.
Backup(F)
Backup(D)
Backup(I)
should work
(11-05-2023, 02:41 AM)JayDee Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:47 PM)admin Wrote:

Full backup
Inc Backup
Diff Backup

or something similar

JD

Backup(F)
Backup(D)
Backup(I)
should work

Thanks for the suggestion, this seems like a good workaround.