Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left Margin Backup title
From my initial experience I can say that there could be confusion between the left margin Backup icon and the Backup button associated with images on the Home page.

Perhaps it would be better to change the title of the left margin icon to something like
  New Backup Template
or something that indicates that it is typically only used for the initial backup
and future backups typically use the Home page and associated "template"

When the left margin icon is used,  instead of "Proceed" perhaps a" Save as new template"
 and a "Run this template now"

For experienced users, there's no issue with the current setup.
(11-04-2023, 05:54 AM)JayDee Wrote: From my initial experience I can say that there could be confusion between the left margin Backup icon and the Backup button associated with images on the Home page.

Perhaps it would be better to change the title of the left margin icon to something like
  New Backup Template
or something that indicates that it is typically only used for the initial backup

When the left margin icon is used,  instead of "Proceed" perhaps a" Save as new template"

Thank you for your suggestion and we will consider it. The navigation buttons on the left will show labels when expanded, so we wanted it to be as small as possible so that more space can be left for the operation area on the right. Maybe we can just disable the ability to expand the navigation bar and only show the prompt when moving the mouse over the buttons.
(11-04-2023, 10:51 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 05:54 AM)JayDee Wrote: From my initial experience I can say that there could be confusion between the left margin Backup icon and the Backup button associated with images on the Home page.

New Backup Template

Thank you for your suggestion and we will consider it. The navigation buttons on the left will show labels when expanded, so we wanted it to be as small as possible so that more space can be left for the operation area on the right. Maybe we can just disable the ability to expand the navigation bar and only show the prompt when moving the mouse over the buttons.
Not my point.

My point is the confusion that comes from the function of the Backup icon on the left compared to the function of the Backup button associated with the Home page.

Since they function differently, they need different labels.  Users need to understand that (in most cases) the left margin icon is used once compared to the Home page Backup button being used multiple times.

I hope that clarifies my suggestion.

JD
(11-04-2023, 11:52 PM)JayDee Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 10:51 AM)admin Wrote:

New Backup Template

Not my point.

My point is the confusion that comes from the function of the Backup icon on the left compared to the function of the Backup button associated with the Home page.

Since they function differently, they need different labels.  Users need to understand that (in most cases) the left margin icon is used once compared to the Home page Backup button being used multiple times.

I hope that clarifies my suggestion.

JD

I understand exactly what you mean now and we will consider it. Thanks.