Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMERGENCY DISK Creation
Greetings... most likely a question for the Developers.

When creating an Emergency Disk, using a MicroSloth WinPE download (or your own OPE offering), what is the processed used to obtain needed drivers from the System used to make the Energency Disk, when those drivers are not supported/resident on the MS downloaded WinPE?

There are storage drivers that are not included in the MS WinPE but are installed in the LIVE Windows System... basically how are they handled as far as Emergency Disk creation goes.  We have seen some of these, mostly NvME devices, that do not use the "standard" MS driver offered in the current WinPE.

I know if the System's WinRE WIM is used, this is not usually a problem due to the fact that basic REs, when the System is built, usually contain those non-MS drivers.  With MS's recent issue with messing up local WinRE WIM files, users tend to want to build their recovery media with WinPEs instead.

I guess what I'm really asking is... how do you perform Item #3 in your release notes for v4 (see below)?

3. Attempts to extract drivers from Windows and inject them into WinPE when creating WinPE
(11-28-2023, 12:48 AM)Froggie Wrote: Greetings... most likely a question for the Developers.

When creating an Emergency Disk, using a MicroSloth WinPE download (or your own OPE offering), what is the processed used to obtain needed drivers from the System used to make the Energency Disk, when those drivers are not supported/resident on the MS downloaded WinPE?

There are storage drivers that are not included in the MS WinPE but are installed in the LIVE Windows System... basically how are they handled as far as Emergency Disk creation goes.  We have seen some of these, mostly NvME devices, that do not use the "standard" MS driver offered in the current WinPE.

I know if the System's WinRE WIM is used, this is not usually a problem due to the fact that basic REs, when the System is built, usually contain those non-MS drivers.  With MS's recent issue with messing up local WinRE WIM files, users tend to want to build their recovery media with WinPEs instead.

I guess what I'm really asking is... how do you perform Item #3 in your release notes for v4 (see below)?

3. Attempts to extract drivers from Windows and inject them into WinPE when creating WinPE

We know that all the drivers we install for Windows are stored in the C: drive, and through the programming interface provided by Microsoft we are perfectly able to find out what these drivers are, just as some driver management software has done. Please note that we are not experts in this area, we just try to do the best we can and therefore do not guarantee 100% effectiveness.
(11-28-2023, 12:11 PM)admin Wrote: Please note that we are not experts in this area, we just try to do the best we can and therefore do not guarantee 100% effectiveness.

You are forgiven... Smile