Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Clone need IRST driver
Hello everyone,
I'm using the system clone to transfer an existing Windows 11 (GPT, UEFI, M.2) to a new computer. However, the new computer (Intel 13th generation) requires IRST drivers for the M.2 SSD. I have the drivers available, and I can create a new Windows 11 system.

But how can I boot the system clone? The drivers are not present there, which is why it's not detecting any hard drives?

Greetings from Germany,
Hagen
(12-05-2023, 01:01 AM)HagenM Wrote: Hello everyone,
I'm using the system clone to transfer an existing Windows 11 (GPT, UEFI, M.2) to a new computer. However, the new computer (Intel 13th generation) requires IRST drivers for the M.2 SSD. I have the drivers available, and I can create a new Windows 11 system.

But how can I boot the system clone? The drivers are not present there, which is why it's not detecting any hard drives?

Greetings from Germany,
Hagen

In this case you need to manually inject the driver into the cloned system, which can be done with dism.exe.
Dism /Image:X: /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\path\mydriver.inf

Please replace X: with the drive letter of the cloned Windows partition, and replace D:\path\mydriver.inf with the path to the driver's inf file.
You are my hero.
Just a simple line of code is enough to solve my problem.

This is the solution for those who don't see any hard drives (M.2, NVMe) when starting their PC because they are missing the IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) drivers.
Glad to hear that.
(12-06-2023, 06:54 PM)HagenM Wrote: You are my hero.

This is the solution for those who don't see any hard drives (M.2, NVMe) when starting their PC because they are missing the IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) drivers.

You still need to chcek other drivers in device manager.

I actually clean install Windows on new pc first, check updates, then export all the drivers to a usb drive, so you have a good set of reasonably up to date drivers.

Then you can clone and have drivers to had for device manager.

I actually just inject all the drivers (not just IRST). and then very little work is needed in device manager afterwards.
(12-17-2023, 08:18 PM)Jedsted Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 06:54 PM)HagenM Wrote: You are my hero.

You still need to chcek other drivers in device manager.

I actually clean install Windows on new pc first, check updates, then export all the drivers to a usb drive, so you have a good set of reasonably up to date drivers.

Then you can clone and have drivers to had for device manager.

I actually just inject all the drivers (not just IRST). and then very little work is needed in device manager afterwards.

What tool did you use to export the drivers?
I've used Double Driver v4.1.0 (old, unsupported since 2010) for most of that duty (I save successful System build driver sets all the time).... works easily at the 95+% level (even with W10+).

It exports Driver level folders or ZIPped up driver level folders...
(12-17-2023, 10:37 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 08:18 PM)Jedsted Wrote: What tool did you use to export the drivers?

You can backup Windows drivers a couple of other ways...

DISM -

dism /online /export-driver /destination:YourDestinationFolderPath

dism /online /export-driver /destination:F:\DriverBackup

Hasleo Backup Suite -

File backup of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Side note: HBS File backup is also useful for backing up Windows User Profiles (C:\Users\Username)
(12-18-2023, 05:23 PM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 10:37 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 08:18 PM)Jedsted Wrote: What tool did you use to export the drivers?

You can backup Windows drivers a couple of other ways...

DISM -

dism /online /export-driver /destination:YourDestinationFolderPath

dism /online /export-driver /destination:F:\DriverBackup

Hasleo Backup Suite -

File backup of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Side note: HBS File backup is also useful for backing up Windows User Profiles (C:\Users\Username)

This is so useful, didn't realize dism could be used to backup drivers as well, thanks a lot.