Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to create WinPE.iso
Hi. I’m a newbie and with a Windows 10 22H2 PC, I made some backups with Hasleo v4.0.
Today I realized that, after upgrading to v4.0, WinPE.iso was not present in the Hasleo ‘bin’ folder.
I then launched the emergency disk creation procedure. After about 1 minute, the procedure stops at 63% and there it stays forever (the background Hasleo Backup Suite Service Application process is shown as "suspended"); I cannot close the application and the only way I can break the situation is to reboot the PC.
I tried several times with the same result.
Looking at the contents of disk C: I noticed that a “WinPETem” folder had been created with a new folder inside named 
55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84 with subfolders:
C:\WinPETem\55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84\
            ISO\boot
            ISO\efi
            ISO\source
            mount\Program Files
            mount\ProgramData
            mount\sources
            mount\Users
            mount\Windows
I also noticed that each time I tried to create the emergency disk, a subfolder similar to the one described had been created in C:\WinPETem folder which has reached 16 GB.
I am Administrator with full control over disc C: and I tried to delete C:\WinPETem. But the deletion is not allowed (access denied).
For info I have a second photocopy PC where the iso creation worked correctly and where no C:\WinPETem was created.
I tried to re-install v4.0 on itself (without uninstalling it first) without success.
I don't know what to do anymore and especially I don't know how to get rid of the C:\WinPETem folder which has reached 16 GB !...
Any advice?
Thank you very much

P.S. - I managed with difficulty to delete the C:\WinPETem folder by booting with Linux, but now I am afraid to run the emergency disk creation procedure again.
I just created an Emergency Disk ISO with my Desktop as the file destination, and had no issues.

I also created an Emergency Disk directly to a USB flash drive (my personal preference), and that worked as well.

The WinPETem folder is only used during the ISO build, and is deleted automatically when the ISO is complete.

Since you didn't do a "clean exit" of the program, HBS still had a handle to that folder, so it would not allow you to delete it in Windows...which has nothing to do with permissions.
(12-11-2023, 09:09 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote: Hi. I’m a newbie and with a Windows 10 22H2 PC, I made some backups with Hasleo v4.0.
Today I realized that, after upgrading to v4.0, WinPE.iso was not present in the Hasleo ‘bin’ folder.
I then launched the emergency disk creation procedure. After about 1 minute, the procedure stops at 63% and there it stays forever (the background Hasleo Backup Suite Service Application process is shown as "suspended"); I cannot close the application and the only way I can break the situation is to reboot the PC.
I tried several times with the same result.
Looking at the contents of disk C: I noticed that a “WinPETem” folder had been created with a new folder inside named 
55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84 with subfolders:
C:\WinPETem\55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84\
            ISO\boot
            ISO\efi
            ISO\source
            mount\Program Files
            mount\ProgramData
            mount\sources
            mount\Users
            mount\Windows
I also noticed that each time I tried to create the emergency disk, a subfolder similar to the one described had been created in C:\WinPETem folder which has reached 16 GB.
I am Administrator with full control over disc C: and I tried to delete C:\WinPETem. But the deletion is not allowed (access denied).
For info I have a second photocopy PC where the iso creation worked correctly and where no C:\WinPETem was created.
I tried to re-install v4.0 on itself (without uninstalling it first) without success.
I don't know what to do anymore and especially I don't know how to get rid of the C:\WinPETem folder which has reached 16 GB !...
Any advice?
Thank you very much

P.S. - I managed with difficulty to delete the C:\WinPETem folder by booting with Linux, but now I am afraid to run the emergency disk creation procedure again.

Open an elevated cmd.exe in Windows, and run the following command:
Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\WinPETem\55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84\mount /discard
After that you should be able to delete C:\WinPETem normally.

Regarding the issue of getting stuck while creating WinPE, this is rare and we recommend that you wait a little longer to see if the operation can be completed. And please try adding Hasleo Backup Suite (BackupMainUI.exe, BackupService.exe, BackupWorker.exe and BackupSystemTray.exe) to the list of allowed applications (may be called Trusted Applications/Whitelisted applications) of your anti-virus software to see if the problem still persists?
(12-12-2023, 01:46 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 09:09 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote: Hi. I’m a newbie and with a Windows 10 22H2 PC, I made some backups with Hasleo v4.0.
I then launched the emergency disk creation procedure. After about 1 minute, the procedure stops at 63% .......
Thank you very much

Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\WinPETem\55ce1990-2ca1-4c0e-af66-6c455aad8d84\mount /discard

Regarding the issue of getting stuck while creating WinPE, this is rare and we recommend that you wait a little longer to see if the operation can be completed. And please try adding Hasleo Backup Suite (BackupMainUI.exe, BackupService.exe, BackupWorker.exe and BackupSystemTray.exe) to the list of allowed applications (may be called Trusted Applications/Whitelisted applications) of your anti-virus software to see if the problem still persists?
Thank you for your response. After WhiteListing the Hasleo files in my antivirus (Eset NOD32) I ran the emergency disk creation procedure again. The process got stuck again at 63%. I waited 60 minutes, which I think is enough to declare the process certainly stuck, since on my second PC, with NOD32 and nothing in WhiteList the procedure was successfully accomplished in 1 minute.
I confirm that in task management the status of the two processes Hasleo Backup Suite Service Application and Hasleo Backup Suite Worker Application was "suspended".
Using task management, I closed the Hasleo Backup Suite application.
I restarted the PC. I used the cmd Dism and although the procedure ended after 2 minutes with an error 0xc1420117 (Unable to completely unmount directory - this problem is usually due to the presence of applications with files still open in the mount directory - close the files and run the unmount again to complete the process.) I was able to delete the WinPETem folder without any problem.

What to do next? I feel unsure.
Can I try to completely uninstall HBS and reinstall it again?
Or can I copy the WinPE.iso file created by my 2nd PC into the 'Bin' folder of my main PC? (Of course I won't have all the drivers but maybe I should be able to do a warm restore if needed).
Any other advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your attention
(12-12-2023, 11:29 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 01:46 PM)admin Wrote:
I then launched the emergency disk creation procedure. After about 1 minute, the procedure stops at 63% .......
Thank you very much

Thank you for your response. After WhiteListing the Hasleo files in my antivirus (Eset NOD32) I ran the emergency disk creation procedure again. The process got stuck again at 63%. I waited 60 minutes, which I think is enough to declare the process certainly stuck, since on my second PC, with NOD32 and nothing in WhiteList the procedure was successfully accomplished in 1 minute.
I confirm that in task management the status of the two processes Hasleo Backup Suite Service Application and Hasleo Backup Suite Worker Application was "suspended".
Using task management, I closed the Hasleo Backup Suite application.
I restarted the PC. I used the cmd Dism and although the procedure ended after 2 minutes with an error 0xc1420117 (Unable to completely unmount directory - this problem is usually due to the presence of applications with files still open in the mount directory - close the files and run the unmount again to complete the process.) I was able to delete the WinPETem folder without any problem.

What to do next? I feel unsure.
Can I try to completely uninstall HBS and reinstall it again?
Or can I copy the WinPE.iso file created by my 2nd PC into the 'Bin' folder of my main PC? (Of course I won't have all the drivers but maybe I should be able to do a warm restore if needed).
Any other advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your attention

Yes, you can of course copy WinPE.iso from another computer to this computer. However, we still want to be able to find out what is causing the program to get stuck and finally fix it. Are you sure the program is stuck at 63%?
63% is what I see displayed on the progress bar. Before reaching 63% I seem to remember that the values displayed are: 5%, after one second 25%, after 15 seconds 45%, after another 20 seconds 62%, and after an instant 63%. And there it stops.
On my second PC, if I remember correctly, after 62% it waits about ten seconds to go to 72%, then quickly to 100% and finish.
(12-13-2023, 06:58 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote: 63% is what I see displayed on the progress bar. Before reaching 63% I seem to remember that the values displayed are: 5%, after one second 25%, after 15 seconds 45%, after another 20 seconds 62%, and after an instant 63%. And there it stops.
On my second PC, if I remember correctly, after 62% it waits about ten seconds to go to 72%, then quickly to 100% and finish.

A few things to consider...

What file location are you trying to write the ISO to?

Are there any errors in the Event Logs around the time the issue occurs?

Have you checked the drive for errors?

Have you tried just creating the Emergency Disk directly to a USB flash drive?
(12-13-2023, 06:58 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote: 63% is what I see displayed on the progress bar. Before reaching 63% I seem to remember that the values displayed are: 5%, after one second 25%, after 15 seconds 45%, after another 20 seconds 62%, and after an instant 63%. And there it stops.

Please try the version below to see if you can create WinPE properly.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231213.exe
(12-13-2023, 09:46 PM)admin Wrote:

Wanderful. I installed the new version . The bar moved to 5%, 15%, 20%, 45%, 63% in less than a minute. Then it remained at 63% for about 2-3 minutes (in the meantime the Backup Suite Worker process was occupying the CPU at about 20-25% and no Hasleo process appeared "suspended"). After 2 minutes the bar jumped to 99% and soon after to 100% ending the operation.
The process took longer than on my 2nd (and slower) PC, but everything is now OK and the WinPE.iso file (which I saved so that I could later create with Rufus a USB disk), is also correctly located in the Hasleo 'bin' folder.
Thank you for your promptness and seriousness in dealing with this rare problem. For my "education" (even though I am 75 years old it is never too late) I would be curious to know broadly what was blocking the creation of WinPE and the suspension of Hasleo processes.
Thank you again for your patience and spirit of service.
(12-13-2023, 10:34 PM)neversaynever1 Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 09:46 PM)admin Wrote:

Wanderful. I installed the new version . The bar moved to 5%, 15%, 20%, 45%, 63% in less than a minute. Then it remained at 63% for about 2-3 minutes (in the meantime the Backup Suite Worker process was occupying the CPU at about 20-25% and no Hasleo process appeared "suspended"). After 2 minutes the bar jumped to 99% and soon after to 100% ending the operation.
The process took longer than on my 2nd (and slower) PC, but everything is now OK and the WinPE.iso file (which I saved so that I could later create with Rufus a USB disk), is also correctly located in the Hasleo 'bin' folder.
Thank you for your promptness and seriousness in dealing with this rare problem. For my "education" (even though I am 75 years old it is never too late) I would be curious to know broadly what was blocking the creation of WinPE and the suspension of Hasleo processes.
Thank you again for your patience and spirit of service.

In fact, we don't know what caused the problem, we just used the folder copy function we wrote instead of the executable file provided by Windows for copying folders.