Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who actually owns this software and where is the company located...
The last step I take when a software seems to satisfy all my requirements is to vet the company that offers the software
I have not been able to clearly find who owns and where the company is located.
Their Hasleo.com domain is registered in the US but their EasyUEFI.com is registered in China.

So,
  • applications are not signed, and yes I know free software, but there are free solutions for signing
  • can't clearly identify owner and country of origin

Can you shed some light on who owns the software and where is the company located ?

Thanks
It is a team of developers, located in China, that has been on the scene for over 10-yrs.
(01-09-2024, 11:29 AM)Froggie Wrote: It is a team of developers, located in China, that has been on the scene for over 10-yrs.

Thanks, but would be nice to get an answer from Hasleo directly...
(01-09-2024, 01:48 PM)anchamp65 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:29 AM)Froggie Wrote: It is a team of developers, located in China, that has been on the scene for over 10-yrs.

Really?!?  Froggie's word isn't good enough.  The only thing Hasleo is going to say is the exact same thing.  You sir are now to be knows as captain tardo!
(01-09-2024, 03:05 PM)n8chavez Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:48 PM)anchamp65 Wrote:

Really?!?  Froggie's word isn't good enough.  The only thing Hasleo is going to say is the exact same thing.  You sir are now to be knows as captain tardo!

Yes, what Froggie said is true.
So when I try and persuade a company to use it and they want to check it out as a serious option I'll say "A team of developers, located in China, that has been on the scene for over 10-yrs." shall I?

Ouch - fallen at the first hurdle!
Well... I guess that's what happens when you tell the truth! Big Grin   The idea of good software coming from somewhere else other than some vetted Corporate source is tough to handle for another company looking for what they think is a solid performer.  Good software can, and has, come from independent developers in the past... and that will continue into the future.

Decisions do have to be made...