Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Backup restore in Hasleo Backup Suite 4.0.0.0
(01-19-2024, 11:44 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 10:22 PM)Marcy Wrote: Hello Hasleo Team,

today I utilized the 'File Backup' function under Backup in Hasleo Backup Suite 4.0.0.0 and it works quite nicely. Unfortunately, if I try to restore the data to another partition (not the original location), Hasleo Backup Suite creates a directory with the original drive letter followed by a '+'-sign and restores data inside, allthough I decided to restore data saved from drive D:\ into the root of drive T:\ in this case scenario.

Could you please change this behavior and instead let Hasleo Backup Suite restore the data in to the root of a partition and not create a sub-directory on the destination partition named 'D+' ?

Thanks for any reply.

Regards,
Marcy

I'm sorry, users may choose to restore filesĀ (folders) from multiple partitions (and the same files (folders) may exist in these partitions) to the destination path, so we must identify which partition the files (folders) are restored from.

Why not make it an option and let the user decide? In this scenario we did a File Backup from one partition that was bigger than the destination partition. The destination partition was empty (or formatted) and we wanted to restore the complete data from the source partition. If you use Windows Server Backup than it's possible to restore the data the way it was on the source partition, with Hasleo Backup it is not possible and you do not let the user decide whether to restore the data to the root or into a subdirectory. Bad decision and so Hasleo is no real alternative to Windows Server Backup. Furthermore, you cannot restore data from a source partition that is bigger than the destination partition, which we tried first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: File Backup restore in Hasleo Backup Suite 4.0.0.0 - by Marcy - 01-21-2024, 01:06 AM