Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove limitation on size of USB
Yep, that helped Wink I'm using Panda free antivirus if that helps you Smile Ty!
(08-21-2015, 03:06 AM)milos7250 Wrote: Yep, that helped Wink I'm using Panda free antivirus if that helps you Smile Ty!

WinToUSB can work correctly now. That's great and thank you for giving me the information.
(08-20-2015, 12:13 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 11:36 PM)milos7250 Wrote: I just want put windows on one USB and other .exes on 2sn usb. I need it mostly for repairing errors and disk/system cheking tools.

Please try this patch: http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa...Device.exe

BTW,  the common flash drives are always slow,  Windows may not running smoothly.

I have the same need as the OP. And my USB drive is just less than 1GB short of 16GB, the largest I have.
So could you please make a patch like this again. Thank you.
(02-19-2018, 07:15 PM)pururin Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 12:13 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 11:36 PM)milos7250 Wrote: I just want put windows on one USB and other .exes on 2sn usb. I need it mostly for repairing errors and disk/system cheking tools.

Please try this patch: http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa...Device.exe

BTW,  the common flash drives are always slow,  Windows may not running smoothly.

I have the same need as the OP. And my USB drive is just less than 1GB short of 16GB, the largest I have.
So could you please make a patch like this again. Thank you.

I'm sorrym, a USB drive less than 1G can not hold all Windows system files, you need a 16G or bigger USB drive.
No, I mean my USB drive is 15.x GB, almost 16 GB large. (and it is labeled outside as 16GB)

And I'll use it mostly just for repair errors and disk checking tools.
So everything should be fine. Blush Please, I need this.
Please go to the bin folder under the installation directory of WinToUSB, open "WinToUSB.ini", change "MinimumVHDSize" from 14 to a smaller value, then restart WinToUSB and try again. The MinimumVHDSize parameter is the minimum disk size supported by WinToUSB.
(02-20-2018, 04:51 PM)admin Wrote: Please go to the bin folder under the installation directory of WinToUSB, open "WinToUSB.ini", change "MinimumVHDSize" from 14 to a smaller value, then restart WinToUSB and try again. The MinimumVHDSize parameter is the minimum disk size supported by WinToUSB.

Did not succeed, when I select my USB Drive in "Please select the destination disk:" page
It's still error with message "Disk or partition space is insufficient.(0x000000C206270000)"  Huh
(02-20-2018, 06:24 PM)pururin Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 04:51 PM)admin Wrote: Please go to the bin folder under the installation directory of WinToUSB, open "WinToUSB.ini", change "MinimumVHDSize" from 14 to a smaller value, then restart WinToUSB and try again. The MinimumVHDSize parameter is the minimum disk size supported by WinToUSB.

Did not succeed, when I select my USB Drive in "Please select the destination disk:" page
It's still error with message "Disk or partition space is insufficient.(0x000000C206270000)"  Huh

Could you tell us which feature you are using to create Windows To Go? 'ISO/CDROM to USB' or 'Physical To USB'? 

If you are using 'Physical To USB', WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination USB drive, so the destination USB drive must be larger than the used space on source boot partition, and WinToUSB requires that the destination boot partition must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition. In such case, you need a larger USB drive. 

The price of a USB flash drive is very cheap and you should buy a larger drive.
I use 'ISO/CDROM to USB'
ISO file is just 3.95 GB.
(02-22-2018, 09:16 AM)pururin Wrote: I use 'ISO/CDROM to USB'
ISO file is just 3.95 GB.

Sorry, WinToUSB will decompress the ISO file when Windows is installed, so in such case you must use a larger USB drive.