Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with error
I tried searching online for an answer but could not find anything.

I am running Win 7 and am trying to create a WINtoUSB using Win 10 ISO on a Kingston 3.0 64GB USB drive using WINtoUSB Pro.

I choose the ISO then Parition scheme is MBR for BIOS and UEFI. Then installation mode is VHDX and VHDD is 56GB.

I am getting error "Failed to run system API. (0x000000501560000) -> What does this mean?

If I coose VHD it runs fine, but the instructions say to use VHDX for Win10.

I tried to boot using the VHD option and it just sits on the please wait loading screen.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.
Thank you.
(02-22-2024, 11:08 AM)Vgmstudios Wrote: I tried searching online for an answer but could not find anything.

I am running Win 7 and am trying to create a WINtoUSB using Win 10 ISO on a Kingston 3.0 64GB USB drive using WINtoUSB Pro.

I choose the ISO then Parition scheme is MBR for BIOS and UEFI. Then installation mode is VHDX and VHDD is 56GB.

I am getting error "Failed to run system API. (0x000000501560000) -> What does this mean?

If I coose VHD it runs fine, but the instructions say to use VHDX for Win10.

I tried to boot using the VHD option and it just sits on the please wait loading screen.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.
Thank you.

I'm sorry, there seems to be a bug in the software, you can't create a VHDX-based portable Windows on Windows 7 because Windows 7 doesn't support VHDX. You can only create VHDX-based portable Windows in Windows 8 and later Windows operating systems.