Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reformatted drive with default storage folder
I reformatted the drive containing the default storage folder and then I when into settings I get specified object not found 0x17B001300000000 and I'm unable to choose a folder to reselect the drive.  How can I reset the default storage folder?
Keith, at the moment it appears to be fingerprint locked once the task has been established, the only way to change is re-establish the task from scratch.

It seems like a reasonable request to allow that change to happen even in a current task.  Hopefully they'll jump in and explain why not Shy
I need an official response from the developer.
(03-03-2024, 01:24 AM)Keith Weisshar Wrote: I reformatted the drive containing the default storage folder and then I when into settings I get specified object not found 0x17B001300000000 and I'm unable to choose a folder to reselect the drive.  How can I reset the default storage folder?

Please try the version below to see if the problem still exists?
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...240303.exe

We use the unique partition identifier instead of the drive letter to identify a path, because the drive letter of the partition usually changes after starting WinPE, and the correct partition can be found in WinPE using the unique partition identifier. If the unique identity of a partition changes, this will cause the path to become invalid, even if the partition's drive letter has not changed. This issue is due to a design flaw and we will improve it in a future release.
I installed this new build and was able to fix the error by browsing and reselecting the same folder.
(03-03-2024, 09:15 PM)Keith Weisshar Wrote: I installed this new build and was able to fix the error by browsing and reselecting the same folder.

Great, thanks for the reply.
Why do I get a warning message from SmartScreen saying that the file is not commonly downloaded when I try to download these test builds?
We don't currently have a software signing certificate available, which may be why the antivirus prompts a warning.