Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imaging of a UFD (USB Flash Device)
Today I tried this for the first time... and it was somewhat successful.  What was very strange was that HBS wanted to leave the OS and reBOOT into the pre-OS environment in order to accomplish this imaging operation... I have no idea why.

The UFD being imaged was a BOOT device but not active in any way (that I could tell), just plugged into the System.  The target device for the image was the same as I use for all the rest of my LIVE OS imaging.

I don't see why that operation should be any different than my normal System imaging operation... remember, I'm IMAGING, not RECOVERING.

Do we have a problem here that I'm not aware of...?
Hasleo Backup Suite uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) technology to implement backup feature, however Microsoft does not allow VSS snapshots to be created on a USB flash drive, so Hasleo Backup Suite will request to restart the computer and enter Pre-OS WinPE to back up a USB flash drive.
History... the 256gB Samsung UFD was created using the MedicatUSB creation process.  That process uses VENTOY to create a multi-BOOT USB that succeeds in its task.  I have used HBS to image this UFD.

When I try and restore that image to an identical UFD, the process fails with the following msg...

The restore operation failed, please contact us for support.
    Incorrect partition table. (0x0404003700000000)

I get the same error whether or not I use "Keep partition layout" at that point in the process.

The LOG file and associated Application images have been sent to support.  Any help, greatly appreciated.
(03-10-2024, 01:45 AM)Froggie Wrote: History... the 256gB Samsung UFD was created using the MedicatUSB creation process.  That process uses VENTOY to create a multi-BOOT USB that succeeds in its task.  I have used HBS to image this UFD.

When I try and restore that image to an identical UFD, the process fails with the following msg...

I get the same error whether or not I use "Keep partition layout" at that point in the process.

The LOG file and associated Application images have been sent to support.  Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reporting the issue, we will fix it as soon as possible.
(03-10-2024, 01:45 AM)Froggie Wrote: History... the 256gB Samsung UFD was created using the MedicatUSB creation process.  That process uses VENTOY to create a multi-BOOT USB that succeeds in its task.  I have used HBS to image this UFD.

Please download and try the fixed version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...240311.exe
Sorry I'm late with this... problem solved with this version, thank you!
(03-16-2024, 03:45 AM)Froggie Wrote: Sorry I'm late with this... problem solved with this version, thank you!

Glad to hear that. Have a nice day.