Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasleo Backup Suite Update
Do you get the update notification only when you open HBS?

The update re-enables the check for updates option.

I updated to v4.4, and it didn't notify me to recreate the boot menu.
I updated HBS on another system and got the notification to recreate the boot menu. I'm confused now, but I think I didn't get it on the previously mentioned system.
If HBS has been added to the Windows boot menu then it will prompt, otherwise it will not.
All my systems have the HBS boot menu enabled.

Do you get the update notification only when you open HBS?
Yes, HBS will only prompt when you reinstall it and run it for the first time.
By update, I meant the new version updates. With the automatic updates option enabled, you get "a new version available" notification only when you open HBS, right?
(03-26-2024, 04:24 AM)khanyash Wrote: By update, I meant the new version updates. With the automatic updates option enabled, you get "a new version available" notification only when you open HBS, right?

Yes, you will only receive update notifications when you open HBS.
Although not a problem, it would be nice if updates did not revert the setting, i.e., I keep the setting disabled, and every update re-enables it.
(03-26-2024, 05:10 PM)khanyash Wrote: Although not a problem, it would be nice if updates did not revert the setting, i.e., I keep the setting disabled, and every update re-enables it.

In the current version there are some settings that are stored in the Backup Suite.ini file, and in the future we will store them in the Windows registry so that installing the update does not reset the settings.
I can change the AutoCheckUpdate setting from 1 to 0 in the .ini settings to disable it permanently, right?