Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win10 won't boot on newer computers
(05-03-2016, 10:12 PM)Trozza Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:02 PM)admin Wrote: What tools do you use to create the partitions on the USB disk? Windows disk management or other third-party partitioning tool. And we recommend that you create the partitions using Windows Disk Manager.

I used "mini tool partition wizard". I'll explain a little more about the drive. It's a 2TB 2.5" portable drive, currently has a 1.8tb encrypted partition with veracrypt, a 300mb fat 32 partition, and a (now 26gb) ntfs system partition. It's currently formatted as mbr. 

In its current format, it's using the 26gb ntfs partition as the boot and system partition for legacy compatibility. It's type is primary and it's currently the active partition. Does the order of the partitions matter? Just I noticed the veracrypt partition is the 1st one on the drive. 

You'd better set the FAT32 partition as the 1st partition, the NTFS partition as the 2nd partition, then followed by other partitions. And you need to select the FAT32 partition as the system partition and the NTFS partition as the boot partition when using WinToUSB to create a Windows To Go Workspace, then you can use it to boot both BIOS-based and UEFI-based computers.

Reference:
What are system partitions and boot partitions?

Messages In This Thread
Win10 won't boot on newer computers - by Trozza - 05-02-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: Win10 won't boot on newer computers - by admin - 05-04-2016, 09:55 PM