Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to run system API error
Hi,

I'm trying to put Hyper-V Server 2016 Technical Preview onto a USB stick / HDD but keep running into the same error - Failed to run system API.(0x0003001502890000) . I've tried Legacy, VHD and VHDX installs with the same results. Could you shed any light on this error (or advise what I've done wrong)? Log file is attached.

Regards,

Richard

Attached Files
.txt   user.log.txt (Size: 173.88 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thank you for reporting this problem. There is a bug in WinToUSB when using a Hyper-V Server 2016 Technical Preview installation media to create Windows To Go, we have fixed it, please try this patch:
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa..._Patch.exe

By the way, we have never test Windows Server OS before, so Windows Server to go may not work properly, and we recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create portable Windows.
Hi,

I'm trying to put windows 8.1 lite version <700mb>onto a MASS STORAGE MEMORY CARD/ HDD but keep running into the same error - Failed to run system API.(0x0003001502890000) . I've tried VHD and the partition scheme is GPT+UFEI . Could you shed any light on this error (or advise what I've done wrong)? Log file is attached.

Regards,

BihaniDK
(12-24-2017, 02:45 PM)BihaniDK Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to put windows 8.1 lite version <700mb>onto a MASS STORAGE MEMORY CARD/ HDD but keep running into the same error - Failed to run system API.(0x0003001502890000) . I've tried VHD and the partition scheme is GPT+UFEI . Could you shed any light on this error (or advise what I've done wrong)? Log file is attached.

Regards,

BihaniDK

Excuse me, where is the log file? And we do not recommend using a SD/SDXC card to create portable Windows, because the SD/SDXC card are always slow, Windows may not work correctly.