Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a blank laptop SATA hard disk to Windows to Go as external drive?
Yes. I tried it and it was not working at first. Below is what happened:

1.) I have converted the disk to MBR as you said and made total 3 partitions. System 500MB, Boot 40GB and Data 100+GB.
2.) Than I run WinToGo and created a drive successfully with same Windows 10 ISO file downloaded earlier.
3.) I connected the disk to the targeted tablet and switch it on. Its straightaway get to black screen with following message:
---------------------------------------------
No bootable devices found.
Press F1/VolumeUp key to retry boot.
Press F2/VolumeDown key for setup utility.
Press F5/Home key to run onboard diagnostics.
-------------------------------------------------------------
4.) Try to reboot many times (via first F1/Voume-Up option and power switch on-off) but ended up on same result.
5.) Than I restart and tried second option (F2/VolumeDown) and went to boot setup but there was no disk detected or boot options in list.
6.) Than I again restart and tried third option (F5/Home key) to run onboard diagnostics. But I didn't run any tests and just abort and exit.

Upon exit, tablet get auto restart and suddenly the Windows To Go disk got detected and start Windows loading/booting process with "Getting started" screen and its ended up on blue error screen (BSoD) with "Your PC ran into problem" message with following STOP CODE:

DRIVER UPLOADING WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS.

I repeat the above process many time. Every time, Windows To Go disk only detects/works after running (F5/Home key) onboard diagnostics and ended up on same BSoD i.e. DRIVER UPLOADING WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS.

[Note: The USB flash windows to go drive, which was created by same ISO and same process, still working smoothly.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a blank laptop SATA hard disk to Windows to Go as external drive? - by kkjkkj1 - 03-10-2019, 04:40 PM