Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Update
Successfully installed Win 7 to USB and booted up fine.

Problem is that Windows update will not work and I can't update with the latest fixes, etc. Have tried to install the Windows Install program from the website but that install fails as well.

Can install other software (i.e. downloaded and installed both IE 11 and COMODO free antivirus programs) but can not do Windows Updates, neither on the MS website or using Control Panel.

Problem SEEMS to be related to access. Error messages talk about being unable to update or install files in various folders.

Here are the specifics:
Hardware: Acer Aspire laptop
USB: MicroCenter 3.0 USB 32 gig stick
Installing as Administrator
Added created system user into the Administrator Group
Changed the permissions on the Windows directory and subdirectories to full control for admin user.

If anyone has experienced this (and more important, found the solution!) would love to hear from you.
[b]I have loaded Win7PRO SP1; however, I get an error message "80070005" when I try to update. I also get a "80070002" error message when trying to install ie11.Huh
Plese make sure to use the VHD installation mode when installing to a USB flash driver.
Please explain why.
(01-07-2015, 03:42 AM)normalea Wrote: Successfully installed Win 7 to USB and booted up fine.

Problem is that Windows update will not work and I can't update with the latest fixes, etc. Have tried to install the Windows Install program from the website but that install fails as well.

Can install other software (i.e. downloaded and installed both IE 11 and COMODO free antivirus programs) but can not do Windows Updates, neither on the MS website or using Control Panel.

Problem SEEMS to be related to access. Error messages talk about being unable to update or install files in various folders.

Here are the specifics:
Hardware: Acer Aspire laptop
USB: MicroCenter 3.0 USB 32 gig stick
Installing as Administrator
Added created system user into the Administrator Group
Changed the permissions on the Windows directory and subdirectories to full control for admin user.

If anyone has experienced this (and more important, found the solution!) would love to hear from you.
The VHD is greyed out a I can't use it.
(03-01-2015, 07:01 AM)proudtower Wrote: The VHD is greyed out a I can't use it.

This feature is only available in Windows 7 or later operating system.
(03-01-2015, 02:12 PM)admin Wrote:
(03-01-2015, 07:01 AM)proudtower Wrote: The VHD is greyed out a I can't use it.

This feature is only available in Windows 7 or later operating system.

Hi,  I am having the same problem. Windows Update gets a 80070005. The VHD option is greyed out. I am running Win7 Ultimate.

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,
AltReality