Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Windows 10 build 9926
Is anyone having any luck with this yet? Every time I try, I get an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE immediately on boot. A previous build was working with the same usb drive and all other hardware.
(01-24-2015, 02:15 PM)thraprod Wrote: Is anyone having any luck with this yet? Every time I try, I get an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE immediately on boot. A previous build was working with the same usb drive and all other hardware.

I'm trying to install the ISO on to my USB flash drive using the beta version of WinToUSB and i'm receiving an error code. I'm getting two different options when choosing the ISO, one being the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview and the other being Windows 10 Technical Preview from the Windows10TechnicalPreviewx64ENUS9926.iso file. It doesn't matter which one i choose. The error code came up at the end of the installation and at the beginning of the installation on two seperate installations. Error code is Copy File failed.(0x000000800B40000). I've gotten the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error before with the other builds and just ran my USB 3.0 Flash drive from the USB 2.0 ports instead of the USB 3.0 ports and when it found the boot device through the USB 2.0 ports it then installed, then i just ran the USB 3.0 flash drive through the USB 3.0 ports. I got a buggy motherboard so i have to change the USB settings in the bios everytime i do a cold boot in order to get the USB 3.0 ports in the back to work.
So you had no issues using WinToUSB 2.0 beta installing this 9926 build?
(01-24-2015, 02:15 PM)thraprod Wrote: Is anyone having any luck with this yet? Every time I try, I get an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE immediately on boot. A previous build was working with the same usb drive and all other hardware.

I thought I was the only one having this problem; now I'm also getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error everytime it boots.. Undecided Haven't tested/tried with the previous build 9879 though.
Having a similar problem and didn't want to create a ton of posts..

I know that WintoUsb works with my OTG SSD as I've used it for previous versions of Windows Technical Preview.

This time around it will not identify my drive "IF" its initialized to GPT, which is what it needs to be (and has been for all previous versions of Windows 10).

I had thought "perhaps" M$ did something to the iso so you couldn't make WTG drives, but that could not be true, because I can initialize the drive to MBR and W2U sees it no problem...

I have run out of idea's... I've even gone into Diskpart and cleaned the drive, setup system partitions, formatted according to all guidelines, and W2U simply doesn't see my OTG SSD drive when its initialized to GPT.

P.S. Thought I should mention that it will only NOT recognize my drive initialized GPT for the Windows 10 build 9926, it will identify it for Windows 7, and for previous Windows 10 builds...
I'm trying to install it (Windows10_TechnicalPreview_x64_EN-US_9926.iso) on my Patriot Tab USB 3.0 32GB, and it throws this error message "Failed to run system API.(0x0000001500150000)" every single time I try, and I've tried both MBR and GPT also using USB 2.0 and 3.0, with no luck.

[Image: 2u7vj35.jpg]
I haven't seen anything added to the changelog for WinToUSB v2.0, but its no longer the beta. So hopefully they added some new fixes.
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and I will try my best to fix it.
(01-27-2015, 10:37 PM)admin Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and I will try my best to fix it.

Great, can't wait Smile
After uninstalling the beta version of WinToUSB and waiting for a day. Today, I installed the final version of WinToUSB v2.0 and it finished installing build 9926 on to the USB 3.0 Flash Drive successfully. After setting up the USB ports in the bios before booting with the USB 3.0 Flash drive, i then booted with the USB 3.0 Flash drive only to receive the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. At first, I did not understand why it gave me this error, since i noticed the USB 3.0 Flash drive initializing just fine at boot. I then took out the USB 3.0 Flash drive from the back USB 3.0 ports of the motherboard and connected it to the front panel USB 2.0 ports and it picked up the Windows 10 just fine and i'm now installing it. I'll finish the installation then just run it from the USB 3.0 ports from the back like with the previous builds i had to do.

UPDATE:
It finished installing the devices and i was able to boot with the USB 3.0 ports into Windows 10 build 9926. So not sure why it gave me that INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error when it looks to be initializing just fine with either the USB 3.0 or the USB 2.0 ports. What i'll do is format the flash drive again and reinstall 9926 and instead of booting with USB 3.0, I'll boot up with the front panel USB 2.0 ports to see if it even has anything to do with the USB ports. Thanks for the final release.
(01-28-2015, 09:27 AM)ExtremeUSB Wrote: After uninstalling the beta version of WinToUSB and waiting for a day. Today, I installed the final version of WinToUSB v2.0 and it finished installing build 9926 on to the USB 3.0 Flash Drive successfully. After setting up the USB ports in the bios before booting with the USB 3.0 Flash drive, i then booted with the USB 3.0 Flash drive only to receive the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. At first, I did not understand why it gave me this error, since i noticed the USB 3.0 Flash drive initializing just fine at boot. I then took out the USB 3.0 Flash drive from the back USB 3.0 ports of the motherboard and connected it to the front panel USB 2.0 ports and it picked up the Windows 10 just fine and i'm now installing it. I'll finish the installation then just run it from the USB 3.0 ports from the back like with the previous builds i had to do.

UPDATE:
It finished installing the devices and i was able to boot with the USB 3.0 ports into Windows 10 build 9926. So not sure why it gave me that ExtremeUSBerror when it looks to be initializing just fine with either the USB 3.0 or the USB 2.0 ports. What i'll do is format the flash drive again and reinstall 9926 and instead of booting with USB 3.0, I'll boot up with the front panel USB 2.0 ports to see if it even has anything to do with the USB ports. Thanks for the final release.

Thank you ExtremeUSB for your clues.
I successfully installed Win 10 9926 to a SSD connected via USB 3.0 port on my notebook with the final build of WinToUSB 2.0
However I still got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error when trying to boot it from the USB 3.0 port I'd installed from.
I then tried booting with it connected to the USB 2.0 port and didn't get the error. It completed the install finding drivers etc.
I then tried booting it back again connected to the original USB 3.0 port I'd installed it from.
It booted successfully.
I suspect the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error is due to the lack of USB 3.0 driver after the first install with WinToUSB.
After it's successfully completed the install and found drivers it will then boot through my USB 3.0 ports as other Windows 8.1 WinToUSB's do.