Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinToUSB Blank Screen on 256GB USB 3.1 Drive Windows 8.1
Question 
Hi
I'm trying to install windows to go on a SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 256GB Drive
WinToUSB Does not report any errors however when I boot the USB it shows a Black blank screen no windows logo, nothing
However when I resize the NTFS partition of the drive to less then 120 GB the Drive boots up
Please help I'm very confused
I'am using the VHD method to install windows to go
(11-19-2020, 01:57 AM)ConfusedUser Wrote: Hi
I'm trying to install windows to go on a SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 256GB Drive
WinToUSB Does not report any errors however when I boot the USB it shows a Black blank screen no windows logo, nothing
However when I resize the NTFS partition of the drive to less then 120 GB the Drive boots up
Please help I'm very confused
I'am using the VHD method to install windows to go

I'm sorry, some computer's BIOS have problems with booting USB drives larger than 64/128GiB. That means on these computer, the system partition and boot partition can't span beyond the 64/128GiB boundary. This is a hardware problem and we cannot solve it. In such case, you can try to upgrade the BIOS or contact the motherboard manufacturer for support.
Huh weird When I shrink the partition down to less than 120 GB and then expanded it back to the original size, It has no problem booting
This may be worth a shot for anyone encountering this issue
Just tried it on another computer it works