Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to run wintousb.vhd in virtualbox ?
good day,

how to run windows 10 wintousb.vhd in virtualbox ?

sometimes i don't have extra laptop to insert the usb drive and boot to windows 10 to go

I tried to add windows 10 wintousb.vhd in virtualbox but it didn't work, can some one guide me through the steps ?

Confused
Error log that i get from the virtualbox

Failed to open image 'D:\Downloaded\Windows_To_Go_v20H2_build_19042.572_Fresh_Installation.VHD' for writing due to wrong permissions (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).
AHCI: Failed to attach drive to Port0 (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
i just eject the vhd and i tried again, i got black screen instead of the error, any advice ?

how to run "wintousb" vhd file in virtualbox
come on guys, this should not be a hard question, when creating windows to go , wintousb will produce vhd file, now how to run this file in VirtualBox ?
I am very sorry, the VHD file generated by WinToUSB is not a bootable VHD file, it does not contain the Windows boot loader.
thanks for your reply, is there any plan to make the vhd file bootable in the future ?
(03-23-2021, 12:55 PM)Mohammednt0 Wrote: thanks for your reply, is there any plan to make the vhd file bootable in the future ?

I'm sorry, we do not have such a plan, this feature does not seem to be related to Windows To Go in any way.