Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitlocked "Windows 8 To Go" failed
I've just tried "Windows To Go Upgrader" on a bitlocked version of "Windows 8 To Go", but after entering the Bitlocker-Key I was getting a blue screen. Do I first need to decrypt "Windows 8 To Go"? (Afterward "Windows 8 To Goo" hardly booted up again ....)
(05-08-2016, 01:20 AM)Hatan Wrote: I've just tried "Windows To Go Upgrader" on a bitlocked version of "Windows 8 To Go", but after entering the Bitlocker-Key I was getting a blue screen. Do I first need to decrypt "Windows 8 To Go"? (Afterward "Windows 8 To Goo" hardly booted up again ....)

Windows To Go Upgrader does not directly support upgrading the Windows To Go drive which has been encrypted with BitLocker, so please turn off BitLocker drive encryption on the drive and try again.

If it still failed, please tell us more infomation about the BSOD, such as the error code. If it is possible, please take some screenshots and send it to us.
Thanks.
(05-09-2016, 09:40 PM)admin Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 01:20 AM)Hatan Wrote: I've just tried "Windows To Go Upgrader" on a bitlocked version of "Windows 8 To Go", but after entering the Bitlocker-Key I was getting a blue screen. Do I first need to decrypt "Windows 8 To Go"? (Afterward "Windows 8 To Goo" hardly booted up again ....)

Windows To Go Upgrader does not directly support upgrading the Windows To Go drive which has been encrypted with BitLocker, so please turn off BitLocker drive encryption on the drive and try again.

If it still failed, please tell us more infomation about the BSOD, such as the error code. If it is possible, please take some screenshots and send it to us.
Thanks.

It appears, however, that there is some issue with "boot.vhd", because inside the "VirtualBox Manager", "boot.vhd" is "not accessible". That can't be right!?
(05-09-2016, 10:03 PM)Hatan Wrote:

Thanks.

It appears, however, that there is some issue with "boot.vhd", because inside the "VirtualBox Manager", "boot.vhd" is "not accessible". That can't be right!?

Could you take a screenshot and send it to us?
Thanks.
(05-10-2016, 09:41 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.
(05-10-2016, 09:48 PM)admin Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 09:41 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.

You need to run VirtualBox as administrator to check the vhd disks in VirtualBox Media Manager.
My VirtualBox Manager did run as administrator! However, your program runs VirtualBox in the background, so you normally don't see what its doing! If you feel the administrator is important, you need to program "Windows To Go Upgrader" accordingly!? See my attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have now removed Bitlocker and tried "Windows To Go Upgrader" again:

Now I am getting a "winhv.sys-problem"as Windows 8 To Go starts to boot (see screenshot 1).

If I start the "Windows To Go Upgrader"-VM directly in Virtualbox, I am getting a "BLKCACHE_IOERR"-Error (see screenshot 2), which appears to indicate that "write-access" is needed. (https://4sysops.com/archives/virtualbox-...te-access/)

Are you sure your program works? 

(05-11-2016, 01:42 AM)Hatan Wrote: I have now removed Bitlocker and tried "Windows To Go Upgrader" again:

Now I am getting a "winhv.sys-problem"as Windows 8 To Go starts to boot (see screenshot 1).

If I start the "Windows To Go Upgrader"-VM directly in Virtualbox, I am getting a "BLKCACHE_IOERR"-Error (see screenshot 2), which appears to indicate that "write-access" is needed. (https://4sysops.com/archives/virtualbox-...te-access/)

Are you sure your program works? 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused.
It seems that you have installed Hyper-V role in the Windows To Go Workspace, Hyper-V is not available in a VirtualBox VM, so can you try disabling the Hyper-V role in the Windows To Go Workspace and see if it makes any difference?
Bingo! Deaktivating Hyper-V did it. I can now successfully boot into Win8ToGo. (proof it: see attachments)

But how can I be certain now, that upgrading to Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 will work, because inside Virtualbox Windows 8 To Go is still being recognized as USB-installation and therefor stopps the upgrading process later on ... ?