Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial expired after just 1 hour
Hi!

I have just downloaded and installed EasyUEFI on my laptop. I launched it, made sure it was working fine, and exited. Nice piece of software.

However, after several reboots (and time resetting happening during that process), Windows 10 was showing the wrong time (UTC instead of my time zone), so I simply selected "Set time automatically" to correct it to the right value (along with "Set time zone automatically"). And after that -- just an hour later since I installed EasyUEFI for the first time!! -- it states that "The trial period has expired". I'm almost sure it has to do with time moving backward or forward, so I tried shifting it manually back and forth, but that didn't help.

I haven't even used it once, I only opened it to check that it recognizes my EFS partition and closed right after that.

Is there any way to restore my rightful 15 days of trial? Thanks.
(05-31-2018, 09:36 AM)sarret Wrote: Hi!

I have just downloaded and installed EasyUEFI on my laptop. I launched it, made sure it was working fine, and exited. Nice piece of software.

However, after several reboots (and time resetting happening during that process), Windows 10 was showing the wrong time (UTC instead of my time zone), so I simply selected "Set time automatically" to correct it to the right value (along with "Set time zone automatically"). And after that -- just an hour later since I installed EasyUEFI for the first time!! -- it states that "The trial period has expired". I'm almost sure it has to do with time moving backward or forward, so I tried shifting it manually back and forth, but that didn't help.

I haven't even used it once, I only opened it to check that it recognizes my EFS partition and closed right after that.

I'm sorry, we can't reset it, normally the trial version can be used for 15 days unless the user tries to change Windows system time or otherwise to crack the time limit.
(05-31-2018, 10:12 AM)admin Wrote:

I'm sorry, we can't reset it, normally the trial version can be used for 15 days unless the user tries to change Windows system time or otherwise to crack the time limit.

Hello,

I just had a very similar experience.  I installed the software, began to use it, and within about an hour, it reported to me that the trial period has expired.

Prior to expiration, I moved an EFI partition from one disk to another, and rebuilt the partition on the source disk.  Rebooted several times, switching between the two drives.  Then I moved Windows files from the root to prevent the original source disk from booting.

Later, I noticed that the clock was off by an hour.  I did nothing to change the clock, at least nothing I'm aware of.

Any ideas on why this happened?

Any way to reset the license timer?
(11-12-2018, 04:27 PM)jaherbert Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 10:12 AM)admin Wrote:

Hello,

I just had a very similar experience.  I installed the software, began to use it, and within about an hour, it reported to me that the trial period has expired.

Prior to expiration, I moved an EFI partition from one disk to another, and rebuilt the partition on the source disk.  Rebooted several times, switching between the two drives.  Then I moved Windows files from the root to prevent the original source disk from booting.

Later, I noticed that the clock was off by an hour.  I did nothing to change the clock, at least nothing I'm aware of.

Any ideas on why this happened?

Any way to reset the license timer?

Thank you for your interest in our product. Sorry, we can't reset it.
Hi, guys
Is it possible to use the free periods now?