Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropdown not working
Hi,

I'm using WinToUsb 7.0 on a virtualbox VM with windows 7. I have installed the intel 3.0 USB drivers.(I dont use an SSD or HDD, so i had to create a VM and install windows on that) I connected by US through virtualbox. But for, some reason, the drop down menu on the app is not working. At first select source file and destination drive both do not work, but once I click the reload button on the destination drive selection, the source file drop down works. However, nothing happens when i click the destination drive file. no dropdown, nothing. I can't use the older version since you can't install the win 10 pro version on it.  Please help me.
(07-14-2022, 12:40 AM)HybiridTux123 Wrote: Hi,

I'm using WinToUsb 7.0 on a virtualbox VM with windows 7. I have installed the intel 3.0 USB drivers.(I dont use an SSD or HDD, so i had to create a VM and install windows on that) I connected by US through virtualbox. But for, some reason, the drop down menu on the app is not working. At first select source file and destination drive both do not work, but once I click the reload button on the destination drive selection, the source file drop down works. However, nothing happens when i click the destination drive file. no dropdown, nothing. I can't use the older version since you can't install the win 10 pro version on it.  Please help me.

Are you sure that the USB drive can be recognized by Windows running in VM? Please go to Windows Disk Management to check that. Thanks.
(07-14-2022, 01:31 AM)admin Wrote:

Are you sure that the USB drive can be recognized by Windows running in VM? Please go to Windows Disk Management to check that. Thanks.

Yes, it does.  I tried etcher, and it detects. I couldnt use rufus since the windows to go option wasnt showing up (i think its cause of install wmi being changed to install,esd), but yeah, it does recognise. Here's some screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-14-2022, 01:49 AM)HybiridTux123 Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 01:31 AM)admin Wrote:

Yes, it does.  I tried etcher, and it detects. I couldnt use rufus since the windows to go option wasnt showing up (i think its cause of install wmi being changed to install,esd), but yeah, it does recognise. Here's some screenshots.

You must select the source file before you can select the destination drive, otherwise the destination drive will not pop up. If it still fails, please send us (via e-mail at: [email protected]) the user.log file located in the bin folder under the installation directory of WinToUSB, we will resolve it as soon as possible. Thanks.