Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imaging Format
Yes, it appears to be proprietary but my question concerns the ability to extract files from your images.  You offer a file extraction method completely indigenous to the Backup Suite itself.  Almost all other imaging applications offer the ability to actually mount their images/partitions under a standard Windows API.  At this point the partition is available under Windows with all its glory... without maybe the ability to write/modify that mounted image.  This allows the user access to most all his Windows apps and the DATA in that mounted partition... a very convenient user environment.

Has any thought been given to possibly offering similar capability with Hasleo images?  Just kinda looking down the roadmap a bit to see what might be on your horizon... thanx!
(12-10-2022, 12:50 AM)Froggie Wrote: Yes, it appears to be proprietary but my question concerns the ability to extract files from your images.  You offer a file extraction method completely indigenous to the Backup Suite itself.  Almost all other imaging applications offer the ability to actually mount their images/partitions under a standard Windows API.  At this point the partition is available under Windows with all its glory... without maybe the ability to write/modify that mounted image.  This allows the user access to most all his Windows apps and the DATA in that mounted partition... a very convenient user environment.

Has any thought been given to possibly offering similar capability with Hasleo images?  Just kinda looking down the roadmap a bit to see what might be on your horizon... thanx!

Yes, we will implement this feature in a future release. At this stage, our main work is to improve the implemented features rather than implement more new features, because we do not have enough manpower.
I would like to add my voice to the request for a feature of being able to mount backup images. 
I think this is a great program but without this I sadly cannot use it as my "go-to" free backup replacement for "another product that is no longer being developed as a free product".

Cheers all for the sterling efforts :-)
(02-16-2023, 09:11 PM)smipx Wrote: I would like to add my voice to the request for a feature of being able to mount backup images. 
I think this is a great program but without this I sadly cannot use it as my "go-to" free backup replacement for "another product that is no longer being developed as a free product".

Cheers all for the sterling efforts :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestion and we will implement this feature in future releases.