Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasleo Backup Suite and Gom Player Plus
I'm using Hasleo Backup Suite and have Gom Player Plus on the system. After every HBS restore, I have to reactivate GPP.

It would be great if you could fix the issue.

Windows 10
HBS latest
What mode of RESTORE are you using?
System Mode
@khanyash, to eliminate some variables here, can you try the following...

Since there is no SYSTEM mode for restore, I'm going to assume you're restoring a SYSTEM BACKUP in DISK MODE.

If you have a SYSTEM BACKUP that is properly GOM activated, and you can duplicate the restoration that de-activates GOM (pls check it to make sure its de-activated after the restore)... follow that restoration with the same image restoration but restore only the OS partition using PARTITION MODE restore, and make sure the "Restore to original location" option is CHECKed prior to actually moving forward with the restoration. When finished, can you report the activation status of GOM at that time.

Thanx!
Smile 
@khanyash, as explained in this POST, HBS is not returning all relevant information concerning the partitions when restoring (hopefully they'll fix that).  Since they have no idea what pertinent information GOM is using to validate their ACTIVATION status... part of that validation may include the information not being returned correctly during a Hasleo restoration, we just don't know.

The main things I'm seeing in the restoration information errors are Partition IDs (PIDs) & Partition Serial #s being changed when using Disk/Partition image restorations, and Partition Serial #s in System Backup restorations... even the PID of the Microsoft System Restore partition is being changed when the other partitions in a SYSTEM BACKUP image (UEFI-GPT) are restored properly.  Until they're able to completely restore pertinent partition information during any restore (when there are no restored partition changes), I would allow this issue to float with the POST mentioned above.

I'm sure they'll respond soon about both issues... be patient  Smile
(03-04-2023, 11:49 PM)Froggie Wrote: @khanyash, to eliminate some variables here, can you try the following...

Since there is no SYSTEM mode for restore, I'm going to assume you're restoring a SYSTEM BACKUP in DISK MODE.

If you have a SYSTEM BACKUP that is properly GOM activated, and you can duplicate the restoration that de-activates GOM (pls check it to make sure its de-activated after the restore)... follow that restoration with the same image restoration but restore only the OS partition using PARTITION MODE restore, and make sure the "Restore to original location" option is CHECKed prior to actually moving forward with the restoration.  When finished, can you report the activation status of GOM at that time.

Thanx!

Please check your private message.

There is a system mode. There are three modes: system mode, partition mode, and file mode.

I take system backups and use system mode to restore the system. In system mode, HBS has the required partitions preselected. It also has "restore to original location" and "keep partition layout" preselected.
You are correct... I was looking at the wrong type of RESTORE option.  Can you still try the single partition restore for me?
Is there a chance of the system becoming unbootable with the single partition restore? Because the laptop keys to access the BIOS are not working. I won't be able to fix the system. I don't have an external keyboard.
I have done this many times without error if above instructions are followed.  BUT... if you have issues as you describe with your keyboard access to your BiOS, the risk is not necessary.  I'm sure Hasleo will be able to work this issue without another data point (that may be risky for you).

It's not your BiOS that's at risk for you, it's the BOOTability of your System... your BiOS is not tweaked by any imaging tool.  If it's access to your BiOS BOOT options that you need and can't get access to, don't risk it.  If you have access to a backup imaging System, you should be fine... if not, you're playing with fire anyway Huh  .
Under partition mode, I selected the C drive. HBS had "restore to original location" preselected. I had GOM activated, but after HBS restore, GOM got deactivated.