Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta restore is now available!!!!
(10-19-2023, 10:00 AM)admin Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 03:59 AM)Froggie Wrote: I'm very surprised that more users haven't reacted to this feature addition.  To my knowledge, only (2) other imaging applications available contain a similar feature... it is very unique.  It provides for very fast recent restorations of images... fast enough where it would be competitive to snapshot applications like RollbackRX and EazFix (which don't even give you backup images to restore with), and much much safer for the System (all being done within Windows APIs).

I personally believe it has been the best addition to this imaging program since its inception... of course YMMV Angel

Maybe more people haven't noticed it, we care more about technology and are not good at promoting products. Sad

Personally, I think you all are doing an exceptional and thoughtful job at improving this product, and always listening to your users suggestions and providing quick responses.

@Froggie Thank you as always for all the work you have done to assist with this product! An impressive product indeed and thanks to the developers and their technology.
(10-19-2023, 10:20 AM)Jim1cor13 Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 10:00 AM)admin Wrote:
(10-19-2023, 03:59 AM)Froggie Wrote: I'm very surprised that more users haven't reacted to this feature addition.  To my knowledge, only (2) other imaging applications available contain a similar feature... it is very unique.  It provides for very fast recent restorations of images... fast enough where it would be competitive to snapshot applications like RollbackRX and EazFix (which don't even give you backup images to restore with), and much much safer for the System (all being done within Windows APIs).

I personally believe it has been the best addition to this imaging program since its inception... of course YMMV Angel

Maybe more people haven't noticed it, we care more about technology and are not good at promoting products. Sad

Personally, I think you all are doing an exceptional and thoughtful job at improving this product, and always listening to your users suggestions and providing quick responses.

@Froggie Thank you as always for all the work you have done to assist with this product! An impressive product indeed and thanks to the developers and their technology.

Yes, Froggie gave us a lot of advice and spent a lot of time testing the software. Thanks to everyone who helped us improve this product.
(10-15-2023, 07:02 PM)admin Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:33 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 02:54 AM)Froggie Wrote: I stand corrected.  I never saw the Delta Restore option offered due to the fact that I was restoring a disk image rather than a System image or a single partition.  I guess I don't understand why this option wouldn't be offered for disk images as well if returning to the original disk like System images.

As a question... why would the new Delta Restore option only support System image restoration and Partition restoration?  A System Image, in many cases, is only a partial partition set of the main disk the OS resides on.  What is the difference between that, a partition from that image and a whole disk image which contains the "system set" of partitions as well.  When returning those options to their original disk (and geometry), it seems to me that Delta Restore would be very happy with those finds as well as the modes you do support.

Any big reason why "we" Rolleyes  can't do that...??  Thanks for your consideration...

The delta restore is useful when restoring a partition to its original location (the original partition must still exist on the disk), so it can certainly be used for disk restore, we just haven't implemented it yet.

Delta restore is now available for disk restore, please download and try:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...Beta_3.exe

No more features will be added to V4.0, which will be the last beta release of V4.0.
(10-19-2023, 10:00 AM)admin Wrote: Maybe more people haven't noticed it, we care more about technology and are not good at promoting products. Sad
I have noticed that various forums, websites, and blogs have discussions about HBS with positive comments. Since I started using HBS, I have been posting about it in the forums I visit. And I share my test results and experiences with both the stable and beta releases of HBS. Overall, users have had an excellent experience with HBS, particularly praising its speed and reliability. Delta Restore is a standout feature that significantly reduces restore time. With its speed, reliability, and Delta Restore, HBS is bound to attract a much larger user base. Well done, Hasleo team! Smile
Fantastic, you guys are amazing... this product ROCKS!

I actually only have one last feature request on my list (next BETA...???).  The general idea of only having complete images restored (Disk or System) and/or single partitions at any given time doesn't make too much sense to me.  I can't really see a reason why a user can't select a Full disk image and only select a single or subset of partitions from that image for restoration.  You appear to have all the mechanisms available to do that, including DELTA Restore if the proper conditions are met for those partitions.

With this feature there would be no reason for a separate Partition restore mode at all.  A System and Disk/Partition mode makes sense for imaging and a single restore mode (any image) with the ability to select the "System" (partitions needed to BOOT the System if available in the image... very useful mode for users that don't understand UEFI/Legacy BOOTing requirements) or Partition(s) selected.  Eventually, the Delta Restore mode can be made DEFAULT with the ability to turn it off when users want complete image restores with existing images.

I really do like this product... Heart Big Grin
Agreed fellows.

Thanks developer team, you really have shown that love for technology you mentioned and this product reflects that fact.
Be patient, I'm pretty sure the level of interest and spreading the word about HBS will bring in many more users who understand the care and
amazing level of development that has been put into HBS.

What we are all trying to say is You're awesome! Drive imaging and backups are one of the most important habits users should realize, HBS meets
that need so well.

Great feature suggestion Froggie. Incredible product team! Heart Big Grin
(10-20-2023, 12:49 AM)Froggie Wrote: Fantastic, you guys are amazing... this product ROCKS!

I actually only have one last feature request on my list (next BETA...???).  The general idea of only having complete images restored (Disk or System) and/or single partitions at any given time doesn't make too much sense to me.  I can't really see a reason why a user can't select a Full disk image and only select a single or subset of partitions from that image for restoration.  You appear to have all the mechanisms available to do that, including DELTA Restore if the proper conditions are met for those partitions.

With this feature there would be no reason for a separate Partition restore mode at all.  A System and Disk/Partition mode makes sense for imaging and a single restore mode (any image) with the ability to select the "System" (partitions needed to BOOT the System if available in the image... very useful mode for users that don't understand UEFI/Legacy BOOTing requirements) or Partition(s) selected.  Eventually, the Delta Restore mode can be made DEFAULT with the ability to turn it off when users want complete image restores with existing images.

I really do like this product... Heart Big Grin

Regarding restoring a separate partition from the backup image, we believe that it is still necessary. Let's say I have multiple partitions for storing files and I am constantly updating the files in each partition, and one day I accidentally delete or abnormally lose some files in one of the partitions. I have a backup from the previous day, but I don't want to fully restore to the previous day's backup state because the files in other partitions have been changed, and in order to reduce the loss I only want to restore the partition where the files were lost to the previous day's state.
I think you may have misunderstood my suggestion.  Of course I agree with your analysis above.  But picture the following (as far as imaging is concerned)...

Imaging: 2-modes offered, SYSTEM and DISK/PARTITION
Restoration: no modes.

By that I mean, you choose an image (SYSTEM or DISK/PARTITION) and when the "Select what you want to restore" window appears, you offer the user the ability to select the whole disk or a partition/subset of partitions in the image using your offered CheckBoxes.  If a user only wants to restore 1-partition, they check that partition's CheckBox... if more than 1, check those particular CheckBoxes, if the whole disk, that particular CheckBox (or all the partition CheckBoxes).

Since you have the ability to determine whether any of these requests are of original partition return or new space return, you can make the appropriate DELTA RESTORE decision and execute accordingly.

It's basically just a suggestion to make the whole restoration process simpler for the user.  Forcing a limited single partition return on the user just doesn't make any sense.  With your ability to do a subset of partitions on an OS disk (The "System" which may be part of a larger subset of partitions on a given disk), it should be easy to allow for any partition/subset to be restored through simple selection.  The ability to offer both SYSTEM and PARTITION restorations should remain to assist the user in selecting the right subset for System BOOT return condition, but that can be as simple as offering a SYSTEM CheckBox in the above mentioned window if all the System partitions are, indeed, in the image being restored.  Selecting that CheckBox would pre-check the System subset of partitions in the image, if available.  Otherwise, the user just checks what he wants restored (whole Disk, single partition or subset of partitions).

I hope I'm clearer in my explanation this time... Shy
(10-20-2023, 11:15 PM)Froggie Wrote: I think you may have misunderstood my suggestion.  Of course I agree with your analysis above.  But picture the following (as far as imaging is concerned)...

Imaging: 2-modes offered, SYSTEM and DISK/PARTITION
Restoration: no modes.

By that I mean, you choose an image (SYSTEM or DISK/PARTITION) and when the "Select what you want to restore" window appears, you offer the user the ability to select the whole disk or a partition/subset of partitions in the image using your offered CheckBoxes.  If a user only wants to restore 1-partition, they check that partition's CheckBox... if more than 1, check those particular CheckBoxes, if the whole disk, that particular CheckBox (or all the partition CheckBoxes).

Since you have the ability to determine whether any of these requests are of original partition return or new space return, you can make the appropriate DELTA RESTORE decision and execute accordingly.

It's basically just a suggestion to make the whole restoration process simpler for the user.  Forcing a limited single partition return on the user just doesn't make any sense.  With your ability to do a subset of partitions on an OS disk (The "System" which may be part of a larger subset of partitions on a given disk), it should be easy to allow for any partition/subset to be restored through simple selection.  The ability to offer both SYSTEM and PARTITION restorations should remain to assist the user in selecting the right subset for System BOOT return condition, but that can be as simple as offering a SYSTEM CheckBox in the above mentioned window if all the System partitions are, indeed, in the image being restored.  Selecting that CheckBox would pre-check the System subset of partitions in the image, if available.  Otherwise, the user just checks what he wants restored (whole Disk, single partition or subset of partitions).

I hope I'm clearer in my explanation this time... Shy

Thanks, I now totally understand what you mean, and I'll give feedback to my development team.