Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPE has a black window
I have HBS installed on two Windows 11 systems. When using HBS WinPE, a black window appears. Can you fix this issue?
Please install the following version and tick the "Download WinPE components" checkbox when creating WinPE.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...230727.exe
I should have mentioned it more clearly. There is no problem with the default WinPE, and it works well. I meant a black box appears on the top left screen. Is it normal, or can you fix it?
(08-05-2023, 04:38 AM)khanyash Wrote: I should have mentioned it more clearly. There is no problem with the default WinPE, and it works well. I meant a black box appears on the top left screen. Is it normal, or can you fix it?

We have reproduced the issue and we will do our best to fix it.
I'm sorry that the problem seems to be a BUG of WinPE (WallpaperHost.exe keeps busy and cannot refresh the desktop), so it cannot be fixed.
I appreciate you looking into it and thank you for your efforts.
@admin can you tell us what version of WinPE Hasleo is using?
(08-08-2023, 09:26 PM)Froggie Wrote: @admin can you tell us what version of WinPE Hasleo is using?

You should know that Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) is based on WinPE, HBS will use Windows RE to create WinPE by default, so the version of WinPE created by HBS is usually the same as the current operating. HBS will download WinPE components from the network only when it cannot find Windows RE on the current computer, in which case it usually downloads a specific version of WinPE based on the version of the current operating system.
Yes, I do.  But until your post, Hasleo has always said their Emergency Disk was based on WinPE, which is very different than being based on WinRE.  WinPEs may be based on many different previous OS roots... that's what sparked my question.  Many of those roots have "issues"... similar to what the OP has been reporting.  If the OP's Emergency Disk is based on WinRE (don't know at this point based on your post above), then they may have issues with the WinPE root used to create his WinRE.

Many other vendors have chosen solid WinPEs (error free but maybe a few versions back from the running OS) to implement their rescue media... that might be an option for Hasleo to possibly eliminate these types of issues.  Albeit when doing so, a large download will always be required rather than a readily built WinPE which is supposed to be available on the user's System.
I created WinPE using the default option, not the download option. The WinPE boot menu has worked well on three systems. But all three systems running Windows 11 display a black box. I wasn't sure if this was normal or a bug, so I posted about it.