Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPE has a black window
(08-10-2023, 03:53 AM)khanyash Wrote: I created WinPE using the default option, not the download option. The WinPE boot menu has worked well on three systems. But all three systems running Windows 11 display a black box. I wasn't sure if this was normal or a bug, so I posted about it.

I'm sorry, this is not a bug of HBS, but a bug of WinRE in Windows 11.
(08-09-2023, 11:39 PM)Froggie Wrote: Yes, I do.  But until your post, Hasleo has always said their Emergency Disk was based on WinPE, which is very different than being based on WinRE.  WinPEs may be based on many different previous OS roots... that's what sparked my question.  Many of those roots have "issues"... similar to what the OP has been reporting.  If the OP's Emergency Disk is based on WinRE (don't know at this point based on your post above), then they may have issues with the WinPE root used to create his WinRE.

Many other vendors have chosen solid WinPEs (error free but maybe a few versions back from the running OS) to implement their rescue media... that might be an option for Hasleo to possibly eliminate these types of issues.  Albeit when doing so, a large download will always be required rather than a readily built WinPE which is supposed to be available on the user's System.

WinRE is based on WinPE, so in fact it is WinPE, and users can check the "Download WinPE Components" option to download the original WinPE from Microsoft official.
[Image: add-driver-to-winpe.png]