Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
may need to disable UEFI Secure Boot
(11-21-2023, 11:41 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 05:31 AM)bjm_ Wrote: Um, I'm trying to find Browse Image.  I created File Backup (as test) and I'm not finding how to browse backup files.
I'm not finding how to browse System Backup.
I'm not finding how to browse Disk Partition Backup.

Edit: I found Browse button on one machine (still looking on another machine).  Seems Browse button calls "check image"? 

Edit: I found Browse image to restore.  I found my backed up files.  They're not viewable? Seems Browse image to restore is for files I want to restore.

I'm not finding how to browse my backup files.  I'm not finding how to view my backed up files.  
I'm trying to find Browse Image.

Thanks
Edit: I'm not finding how to attach screenshot.  I'm finding Insert an image URL but, not how to attach screenshot. 
---------------------------------
typo
then execute the buckup by clicking "Proceed".
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...guide.html

You can browse the backup files in the restore page.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=407]
Okay. Thanks.  I found New Attachment.  I was looking for attach pic with the message editor.  My error.
Okay. Thanks.   Ahha! Browse image to restore => File mode  
Okay, I can get to File mode now...but, I still cannot view a .pdf file sans restoring the .pdf file.

fwiw ~ with another backup solution.  I can Explore Image (mount) and view .pdf file sans restoring the .pdf file.  Just saying.  (earlier I used Browse Image - I should have used Explore Image).  

Thanks for helping me find File mode.
(11-21-2023, 11:36 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 12:26 AM)bjm_ Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 04:03 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 11:51 AM)bjm_ Wrote: Add Boot Menu was successful.

Q: any explanation why Haselo Backup Suite files are not signed.

WinPE does support UEFI Secure Boot, so there is no need to disable UEFI Secure Boot. 
Oh...okay.  The red text suggested, in my mind, otherwise. 
Please note that you may need to disable UEFI Secure Boot to boot from the bootable WinPE media created by Hasleo Backup Suite.

Quote:Sorry, we are just a software development team, not a formal company. Microsoft only allows formal companies to purchase software and driver signing certificates, so we cannot purchase program signing certificates for programs.
Oh okay.  Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) remains a software development team. 
Regards w Respect to Haselo Software development team.

Sorry we didn't make this clear, but the fact is that WinPE created by earlier versions of Windows (e.g. Windows 7) does not support UEFI Secure Boot, so you will need to disable UEFI Secure Boot when using Windows 7 PE on a UEFI-based computer. In short if WinPE doesn't work properly with UEFI Secure Boot enabled, you should try disabling UEFI Secure Boot.

Ahha.  Okay. Thanks.
Haselo Backup Suite does not offer Virtual Drive Mounting = allows to mount created image files as read-only virtual drives and all files on such drives are accessible by Windows and other applications.

Correct me.
You are correct.
(11-23-2023, 11:30 AM)bjm_ Wrote: Haselo Backup Suite does not offer Virtual Drive Mounting = allows to mount created image files as read-only virtual drives and all files on such drives are accessible by Windows and other applications.

Correct me.

Yes, the current version does not support it. This feature requires us to write a virtual disk driver, however we currently have no way to purchase Microsoft code and driver signing certificates.
(11-23-2023, 09:46 PM)Froggie Wrote: You are correct.

(11-23-2023, 09:47 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 11:30 AM)bjm_ Wrote: Haselo Backup Suite does not offer Virtual Drive Mounting = allows to mount created image files as read-only virtual drives and all files on such drives are accessible by Windows and other applications.

Correct me.

Yes, the current version does not support it. This feature requires us to write a virtual disk driver, however we currently have no way to purchase Microsoft code and driver signing certificates.

Okay, now I better appreciate Admin earlier statement:
Quote:Sorry, we are just a software development team, not a formal company. Microsoft only allows formal companies to purchase software and driver signing certificates, so we cannot purchase program signing certificates for programs.
Sorry, for being so-slow to grasp Hasleo Software is a software development team, not a formal company.
Regards w Respect, again, to Haselo Software development team & Froggie, too.
(11-24-2023, 12:23 AM)bjm_ Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:46 PM)Froggie Wrote: You are correct.

(11-23-2023, 09:47 PM)admin Wrote:

Correct me.

Okay, now I better appreciate Admin earlier statement:
Sorry, for being so-slow to grasp Hasleo Software is a software development team, not a formal company.
Regards w Respect, again, to Haselo Software development team & Froggie, too.

It's depressing that the lack of code and driver signatures has caused us a lot of trouble with subsequent feature development, and there's no way to get around that.