Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure: Restoring SYSTEM Backup
No corruption involved, EFI partition(s) are pristine and valid.  I've tweaked the DELL BiOS a bit and although it does not discover the Windows BOOT Manager anymore, it does discover UEFI BOOT sources (EFI partitions) and if I order them correctly the System BOOTs just fine.

NOW... what would be nice is to have Hasleo restore a System Backup (or even a Disk Backup) into an unallocated disk area rather than require the entire disk available for the restoration.  This disk has one additional partition (DATA) which hangs around during restores.  With that in place on the disk to be restored, the only option is to restore one partition at a time from either a System Backup or a Disk Backup... a bit painful but doable.

Let's keep those minds open... Big Grin Tongue
(01-13-2024, 01:32 AM)Froggie Wrote: No corruption involved, EFI partition(s) are pristine and valid.  I've tweaked the DELL BiOS a bit and although it does not discover the Windows BOOT Manager anymore, it does discover UEFI BOOT sources (EFI partitions) and if I order them correctly the System BOOTs just fine.

NOW... what would be nice is to have Hasleo restore a System Backup (or even a Disk Backup) into an unallocated disk area rather than require the entire disk available for the restoration.  This disk has one additional partition (DATA) which hangs around during restores.  With that in place on the disk to be restored, the only option is to restore one partition at a time from either a System Backup or a Disk Backup... a bit painful but doable.

Let's keep those minds open... Big Grin Tongue

You may not have noticed that HBS has provided an "Advanced Mode" restore option, which allows you to restore Windows/Disk/Partition to a contiguous space (it can be a combination of multiple existing partitions and free space) on the destination drive, so you don't need to restore one partition at a time.
[Image: disk-partition-restore-select-contiguous-space.png]
You are absolutely right, I've never noticed that option  Cool... I will use it diligently!
Just used the "Advanced Mode" for the first time... and it was a pleasure!  Sorry I missed it in the documentation... I will up my reading quotient shortly Exclamation
Glad to hear you say that, please let us know if you run into any issues. It also shows that we don't do a good job of promoting our products, which is not what we are good at.