Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure: Restoring SYSTEM Backup
Built a Windows 11 pro-based Dell Latitude 5290 2-in 1 laptop/tablet (8th gen i7), UEFI, non-Secure BOOT.  When finished, took a System Backup, did a restart, made a detectable change, then invoked a non-BOOTmenu recovery of the System Backup in DELTA RESTORE mode.  During the external process, progress bar went the distance but ended in the following error msg...

The restore operation failed to run system API (0x00970015C0000034).  The operation was not successful.

Was running v4.2 Beta (Build Jan 5 2024) and built an Emergency Disk ISO using the EasyUEFI off-line Win10/Win11 OPE.

When I BOOTed back into the System following the error, the detectable changes mentioned above had all been corrected as if the DELTA RESTORE had been successful.

Logs sent to [email protected]...
Followed above operation up with same detectable changed DATA and a non-DELTA RESTORE, completed without error.  Then did the above operation once again with same error as original operation.
Froggie, where did you find build Build Jan 5 2024?
(01-10-2024, 01:48 PM)n8chavez Wrote: Froggie, where did you find build Build Jan 5 2024?

Here is the download link:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...240105.exe
(01-10-2024, 10:41 AM)Froggie Wrote: Followed above operation up with same detectable changed DATA and a non-DELTA RESTORE, completed without error.  Then did the above operation once again with same error as original operation.

Thanks for reporting the issue, it will take some time for us to identify and resolve the issue.
FYI... the "ofishul" v4 release in November does not throw that error when doing a DELTA RESTORE.
(01-11-2024, 03:14 AM)Froggie Wrote: FYI... the "ofishul" v4 release in November does not throw that error when doing a DELTA RESTORE.

It's very strange that we haven't made any changes to Backup to Disk and Restore recently, because recently we've been working on improving the file backup feature. And we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in our test environment, even with the Jan 5 2024 version.

Please try to see if the problem exists in the latest version?
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...240111.exe
Well... I don't know what to say Huh   New testing shows Build#231116, no issues... with Build#240110, no issues... with Build#240105, no issues (repeated these tests).  Previously... Build#240105 failed... Build#231116, no issues... Build#240105 failed once again.

As mentioned, I don't know what to say Blush   No System configuration changes during original reported testing phase, only simple Beta testing of HBS going forward.

...and for the third time, I don't know what to say Undecided 

Maybe "we" should just move on Angel ... sorry for the interruption.

There are other issues I'm dealing with in relation to this Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 platform but not blaming Hasleo just yet Big Grin .  If I clean install Windows on an unformatted disk... no problem with BiOS recognizing configuration (and seeing the Windows BOOT Manager as a BOOTable option).  If I image that System configuration and restore it to an unformatted disk, via Hasleo,  Windows refuses to see a valid BOOT device... regardless of what partition I tell the BiOS to BOOT from (pointing to the EFI in most cases).  The BiOS no longer sees the Windows BOOT Manager either.  It looks like some weird BiOS issue (it is fully updated but did the same thing with the original delivered BiOS) that I just may not understand as of yet.  So as you can see... plenty of fun ahead Rolleyes
(01-12-2024, 01:08 AM)Froggie Wrote: Well... I don't know what to say Huh   New testing shows Build#231116, no issues... with Build#240110, no issues... with Build#240105, no issues (repeated these tests).  Previously... Build#240105 failed... Build#231116, no issues... Build#240105 failed once again.

As mentioned, I don't know what to say Blush   No System configuration changes during original reported testing phase, only simple Beta testing of HBS going forward.

...and for the third time, I don't know what to say Undecided 

Maybe "we" should just move on Angel ... sorry for the interruption.

There are other issues I'm dealing with in relation to this Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 platform but not blaming Hasleo just yet Big Grin .  If I clean install Windows on an unformatted disk... no problem with BiOS recognizing configuration (and seeing the Windows BOOT Manager as a BOOTable option).  If I image that System configuration and restore it to an unformatted disk, via Hasleo,  Windows refuses to see a valid BOOT device... regardless of what partition I tell the BiOS to BOOT from (pointing to the EFI in most cases).  The BiOS no longer sees the Windows BOOT Manager either.  It looks like some weird BiOS issue (it is fully updated but did the same thing with the original delivered BiOS) that I just may not understand as of yet.  So as you can see... plenty of fun ahead Rolleyes

As far as we know, most motherboards automatically create a "Windows Boot Manager" boot entry for each ESP partition on the disk, but there are a few motherboards that do not. Can you check if the restored ESP partition is corrupted?
Thanks for the tip, will look into the corruption.  BTW, the same thing happens with other imaging softwares (Macrium REFLECT tested the same).