Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency disk creation - drivers
(01-16-2024, 02:22 AM)CharlieB Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 09:28 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 08:20 PM)CharlieB Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 01:19 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 11:50 PM)admin Wrote: Regarding the issue, please click "[Image: memu_normal.png]" > "Save log file" to open the save log file dialog, save the log file and then send it to us via email at [email protected], and we will resolve it as soon as possible.

We have analyzed the log file, regarding the failure to create an emergency disk using a 2GB USB flash drive, an error occurred while Hasleo Backup Suite was writing a file to the USB flash drive, which could be caused by instability of the USB flash drive. On January 14th, an 8G USB flash drive was connected to your computer, and then it appeared to be unplugged from the computer before running Hasleo Backup Suite. Please make sure the 8G USB flash drive is connected to the computer and try again to see if the problem still exists? Thanks.

Thanks for the speedy reply  Smile .  I tried the 8GB drive again and Hasleo still doesn't see it.  I tried another drive and Hasleo did see that one, so it obviously doesn't like that particular 8GB drive even though it appears OK otherwise.

This is so weird, please plug the 8G USB flash drive into your computer before running HBS, then run HBS and try to create the emergency disk, if the issue still persists please send us the log file again. Thanks.

Tried again, but still the same result.  Log file sent.

Please try the fixed version below. If the drive is still not recognized properly please send us the log file again.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...240116.exe
(01-16-2024, 09:17 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote: Run "chkdsk" (no quotes...and with no options) on the 8 Gig USB drive.

chkdsk E: (whatever drive letter is assigned).

Post the results.

The type of the file system is FAT32.
Access is denied.

Volume HASLEO created 13/01/2024 17:14
Volume Serial Number is 92E7-5510
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
    7,799,276 KB total disk space.
          12 KB in 3 hidden files.
          348 KB in 87 folders.
      779,472 KB in 229 files.
    7,019,440 KB are available.

4,096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    1,949,819 total allocation units on disk.
    1,754,860 allocation units available on disk.
(01-17-2024, 08:18 PM)CharlieB Wrote: The type of the file system is FAT32.
Access is denied.

I would reformat the drive as NTFS.

If there is data that you want to keep, you have a few options...

1. Boot into a Linux Live system and copy the data over to a new location.

https://www.linux.com/training-tutorials...ing-linux/ 

Reformat, and copy the data back to the drive.

2. Use a tool such as MiniTool Partition Wizard to change the format from FAT32 to NTFS.

3. Open an elevated Command prompt, and run the following...

convert DriveLetter: /fs:ntfs

Example -

convert E: /fs:ntfs
(01-18-2024, 06:32 AM)OldNavyGuy Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 08:18 PM)CharlieB Wrote: The type of the file system is FAT32.
Access is denied.

I would reformat the drive as NTFS.

If there is data that you want to keep, you have a few options...

1. Boot into a Linux Live system and copy the data over to a new location.

https://www.linux.com/training-tutorials...ing-linux/ 

Reformat, and copy the data back to the drive.

2. Use a tool such as MiniTool Partition Wizard to change the format from FAT32 to NTFS.

3. Open an elevated Command prompt, and run the following...

convert DriveLetter: /fs:ntfs

Example -

convert E: /fs:ntfs

Access is denied only showed up when I ran chkdsk in Powershell, not from normal command line, so I don't know if that is a red herring.  The USB currently has the Hasleo emergency disk burned to it using Rufus, so I can't imagine the formatting is a problem.

The guys at Hasleo obviously don't like a problem to beat them as they have sent me a couple of new versions to try so far.  They have identified that the current release version seems to think that this particular USB drive (SanDisk Cruzer Edge) is an HDD/SDD.  The latest version I have tested now recognises the USB, but fails at the burning stage.

Hats off to Hasleo for persisting at what must be an isolated problem and not something that stops me from using HBS, as I  am still able to create the emergency disk via the ISO or on another brand of USB.
(01-18-2024, 08:18 PM)CharlieB Wrote: The latest version I have tested now recognises the USB, but fails at the burning stage.

That's not a Hasleo issue...

I used Rufus 4.3.2090, and the lastest version, Rufus 4.4.2103, to burn the Hasleo ISO for the Emergency Disk.

Both worked, and I was able to boot from the 16 GB NTFS USB Flash Drive after each burn.

I also did a read/write test on the UFD from both the orginal V4 installed version of HBS on Windows, and booted with the Emergency Disk.

It recognized it, and allowed access to read and write in both cases.
I have used Rufus to burn the ISO to the troublesome USB and it worked. For some reason, Hasleo itself does not like that particular USB and the Hasleo guys have admitted defeat, as, understandably, they have more important things to be getting on with.
(01-20-2024, 01:04 AM)CharlieB Wrote: I have used Rufus to burn the ISO to the troublesome USB and it worked.  For some reason, Hasleo itself does not like that particular USB and the Hasleo guys have admitted defeat, as, understandably, they have more important things to be getting on with.

To be clear, are you not able to boot with the USB, or are you trying to back up to the USB, and you can't see it?

Honestly, the easiest test would be to simply reformat the drive as NTFS.