Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the system cannot write to the specified device. Cloning failed
Attached log file. I am using external hardisk with 3.0 usb and gpt partition.

Attached Files
.txt   wintousb.txt (Size: 22.85 KB / Downloads: 1)
(11-15-2018, 10:31 PM)somuchak Wrote: Attached log file. I am using external hardisk with 3.0 usb and gpt partition.

When the WinToUSB wrote the disk, the Windows operating system returned error message: 'The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.'. This usually means that there are bad sectors or clusters on the target disk, we recommend that you use the tool to repair the bad clusters and try again.
Thanks! For you quick reply. I appreciate it. When I read 'I/O error' I guessed that it might be because I was cloning using windows installed in virtual box. So, my hard disk might not be getting enough power through virtual box.

So, I tried cloning directly through someone else's PC and it clone perfectly.
(11-17-2018, 07:52 PM)somuchak Wrote: Thanks! For you quick reply. I appreciate it. When I read 'I/O error' I guessed that it might be because I was cloning using windows installed in virtual box. So, my hard disk might not be getting enough power through virtual box.

So, I  tried cloning directly through someone else's PC and it clone perfectly.

I'm glad you've solved the issue. If you find our products useful, please tell your friends about it so it can reach more users.