Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden boot entries
Hello,

after creating boot entry with EasyUEFI, it becomes "Hidden" after reboot, or it gets DELETED completely!

Is there any idea why this is happening?
In such case, we recommend that you rebuild the EFI system partition (ESP) to see if it can solve this problem, please try the following steps:
1. Run EasyUEFI to create boot option.
2. Run EasyUEFI to rebuild the EFI system partition.
http://www.easyuefi.com/faq/en_US/Rebuil...ition.html
thanks
biber hapı
lida
fx15
reductol
cherry handle
(03-12-2019, 01:03 PM)admin Wrote: In such case, we recommend that you rebuild the EFI system partition (ESP) to see if it can solve this problem, please try the following steps:
1. Run EasyUEFI to create boot option.
2. Run EasyUEFI to rebuild the EFI system partition.
http://www.easyuefi.com/faq/en_US/Rebuil...ition.html

I did this but even after coming back to Home and refresh, it still showed as hidden. I should have tried exiting and starting it again but did not. I created a backup of windows boot manager entry. Then I created a new Windows entry I named with a 2 on the end of the description. After that step not only did I have a second windows boot entry, the first one was no longer hidden. I deleted the second one. The first one now worked (though I also had to go back into the bios and rearrange the search order the way I wanted). It isn't clear to me which step really cleared the hidden flag. It may be the steps above actually did the needful but the display was not refreshed.

In any case the tool is useful. Thanks for working on it and providing to us.
Just commenting to let the world know I had an issue with a similar solution as above.

After cloning a failing hard drive to an SSD, Windows would no longer boot. It would simply go to a blank screen and the monitor would go into power saving mode. The num lock key/light still appeared to be responsive.

Windows Boot Manager was no longer an option in the UEFI boot order settings. Only the SSD and the DVD was there. When I opened the F12 one-time boot menu there was a blank option where the Windows Boot Manager should have been.

Selecting that would allow me to boot into Windows. But I had to do this each time which was not practical.

In EasyUEFI it showed the boot entry was “Hidden” for some reason. I tried a repair, but that didn’t seem to have an effect. Then I did a backup and after that, Windows Boot Manager was visible, and Windows booted properly. It was now present in the UEFI boot options and the F12 boot menu.

Not entirely sure how it worked but it did. Thank you EasyUEFI!