Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Enough Space (0x000000C205620000)
I was getting the insufficent error too.

All that i had to do to resolve it was change the virtual hard disk size to 16GB and the installation started Smile

BTW I am installing Windows 10 64 bit on a Sandisk Extreme 64GB Usb3.0 using an MSI GS70 Stealth running Windows 8.1 64bit.

Will let you know how it goes.
This should really be in a new thread, but I could not start one for some reason. So here goes:

I'm trying to back up a windows 7 boot disk. When Win2Usb does the reboot & tries to create the bootable usb volume I get a failed system api message. Here is the log:

2016-01-07 10:32:36 T:0000041C Unknown operating system
2016-01-07 10:33:06 T:0000041C .\CloneMainWnd.cpp 299 nRet=0x0001001501530000

The first line says "Unknow Operating System", but it's windows 7 professional. One hint is that the boot drive on the computer is ssd raid 1.

Thanks,
Russ
(01-08-2016, 05:04 AM)Russ Srole Wrote: This should really be in a new thread, but I could not start one for some reason.  So here goes:

I'm trying to back up a windows 7 boot disk.  When Win2Usb does the reboot & tries to create the bootable usb volume I get a failed system api message.  Here is the log:

2016-01-07 10:32:36 T:0000041C Unknown operating system
2016-01-07 10:33:06 T:0000041C .\CloneMainWnd.cpp 299 nRet=0x0001001501530000

The first line says "Unknow Operating System", but it's windows 7 professional.  One hint is that the boot drive on the computer is ssd raid 1.

Thanks,
Russ

When pops up the 0x0001001501530000 error, please follow these steps:

Step 1. Open a command prompt ("Tools" > "Windows command prompt")
Step 2. Execute the following command to listing all recognised drive
>diskpart
>list disk
Is the source and target disk list here? 
(01-07-2016, 11:49 AM)Stoort Wrote: I was getting the insufficent error too.

All that i had to do to resolve it was change the virtual hard disk size to 16GB and the installation started Smile

BTW I am installing Windows 10 64 bit on a Sandisk Extreme 64GB Usb3.0 using an MSI GS70 Stealth running Windows 8.1 64bit.

This solved my problem! Thanks a lot for taking your time to post about it. Weird bug... 
Heart

Sounds great.  I am a newcomer to Hasleo Win2USB, I am getting the "Insufficient Space" problem.  As for your workaround, how does one "change the virtual hard disk size to 16GB"?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards.

Geoff H.
(04-18-2018, 01:54 AM)geoffh Wrote:

Sounds great.  I am a newcomer to Hasleo Win2USB, I am getting the "Insufficient Space" problem.  As for your workaround, how does one "change the virtual hard disk size to 16GB"?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards.

Geoff H.

You can change the the VHD size here:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=70]
I see a different page to you - mine does not have the options you have displayed (Installation Mode & Virtual Hard Disk Size)…. see attached image

Attached Files
.doc   W2USB screenshot.doc (Size: 136.5 KB / Downloads: 15)
(04-19-2018, 08:13 PM)geoffh Wrote: I see a different page to you - mine does not have the options you have displayed (Installation Mode & Virtual Hard Disk Size)…. see attached image

What is the capacity of this USB drive? Which feature did you use to create the portable Windows? 'ISO/CDROM to USB' or 'Physical To USB'?

If you are using 'Physical To USB', WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination USB drive, so the destination USB drive must be larger than the used space on source boot partition, and WinToUSB requires that the destination boot partition must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition. In such case, you need a larger USB drive.
(04-19-2018, 08:29 PM)admin Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:13 PM)geoffh Wrote: I see a different page to you - mine does not have the options you have displayed (Installation Mode & Virtual Hard Disk Size)…. see attached image

What is the capacity of this USB drive? Which feature did you use to create the portable Windows? 'ISO/CDROM to USB' or 'Physical To USB'?

If you are using 'Physical To USB', WinToUSB will copy all the files in source boot partition (Usually C: ) to the destination USB drive, so the destination USB drive must be larger than the used space on source boot partition, and WinToUSB requires that the destination boot partition must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition. In such case, you need a larger USB drive.

Thanks Admin - Your question makes me think I have got the wrong end of the stick here.... I have not yet created the Portable Windows Copy - I thought I needed to run "Physical to UISB" to create it!!  ("ISO/CDROM to USB" seems to suggest I have an Image or CD to copy.... and I don't have).
(04-21-2018, 02:06 AM)geoffh Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:29 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks Admin - Your question makes me think I have got the wrong end of the stick here.... I have not yet created the Portable Windows Copy - I thought I needed to run "Physical to UISB" to create it!!  ("ISO/CDROM to USB" seems to suggest I have an Image or CD to copy.... and I don't have).

I'm glad you've solved the problem. If you find our product useful, please tell your friends about it so it can reach more users.

Thanks, hope you have a nice day!