Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyper-v 2012 R2 error
Hi.
When installing the official Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 image I get the following error right at the end of the 'build' process;
'Failed to run system API.(0x0003001501D00000)'
I have tried this on a WD 2500BEV External 250Gb and a Sandisk Slimfit 16Gb with the same results.
I have also used a Windows 8.1 image with no issue on the WD external drive.
I am running the WinToUSB program as administrator on a Win 8.1 Pro with Media Centre system.

Any idea's ?

Regards,

Harry W.
Please send the "user.log" to me, it is located in the bin folder under the installation directory. Thanks
(01-01-2015, 07:54 PM)admin Wrote: Please send the "user.log" to me, it is located in the bin folder under the installation directory. Thanks

Hi,

I just had the same error today, for the exact same situation. (Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 onto External USB 3.0 HDD WD Scorpio 320 Gb / 7200rpm)

However, I moved on another test, so the user.log isn't relevant anymore.

BUT,
As I was able to reproduce the error several times, then I will perform the operation again and will send you the user.log file asap, in order to improve and participate to the FAQ and future Dev if necessary Smile

Kind Regards,
David

PS.: The other test I'm currently performing is to Clone my current OS standing on internal HDD, onto an external USB drive). If ever it works as I expect...then man this application is even more awesome than it's already is ! ^^
I need the Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 image to do a test.
(02-04-2015, 11:09 PM)admin Wrote: I need the Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 image to do a test.

As promised, here is the user.log file and a screenshot of the issue in attachments.

Regarding the iso I'm happy to upload it wherever you want.

Kind Regards,
David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   user.zip (Size: 2.08 KB / Downloads: 1)