Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Windows 10 build 9926
(02-17-2015, 12:00 AM)admin Wrote:
(02-16-2015, 10:12 AM)zaphire Wrote: I used the VHD option of WinToUSB_Setup_2.0_VHD.exe to successfully write a VHD to a 64GB Corsair USB 3.0 key but it was woefully slow both to write the files and to complete the installation of drivers and Windows etc.
The Windows 10 ran woefully slow from this key too.
I would definitely suggest only using a USB 3.0 connected SSD in future.
I decided to try copying the VHD file from the USB Key to an internal disk (a SSD) in my notebook and boot that way.
It then ran fast and was quite usable.

I then tried the 3rd option of selecting an operating system from a Hard Drive but when this is selected the option to create a VHD is greyed out! Legacy is the only option and after rebooting nothing is written to the external SSD!
But a WinToUSB window pops up saying Cloning, please wait...
And on top of this an Error window saying: Specified disk not found.(0X0005003501220000)

I have since tried the latest build 2.1 beta (Build: Feb 12 2015) and upon starting the program I get an error window [error 1] attached then a further [error 2] attached.

Question 1: The common flash drives are always slow, so we highly recommend using a Windows To Go Certified Drives or USB hard drive. If you don't have enough budget to buy a Windows To Go certified drive, We recommend to you to buy a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, it is fast enough to run Windows smoothly and more cheaper.

Question 2: The VHD mode is not supported when Clone current Windows OS to a USB drive. When pops up the 0X0005003501220000 error, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Open a command prompt ("Tools" > "Windows command prompt")
Step 2. Execute the following command to listing all recognised drive
>diskpart
>list disk
Is the source and target disk list here?

Question 3: I have fixed the problem, please download http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa...1_Beta.exe and try again.

To Question 1: Thank you for the information I just thought I would try this key anyway.

To Question 2: When the Error 0X0005003501220000 pops up both the "Tools" and "About" buttons are inoperable. When the Error windows is clicked on the program immediately drops out! So the diskpart and list disk could not be executed!

To Question 3: I have downloaded and am using this version in the above Question 2.
Try this patch: http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa..._Patch.exe
(02-17-2015, 10:48 PM)admin Wrote: Try this patch: http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/downloa..._Patch.exe
>diskpart
>list disk
Is the source and target disk list here?

Reply to Question 2:
I managed to get a command prompt up but the same error window also popped up!
I executed
>diskpart
>list disk
But only the two internal (1 TB) drives of my notebook showed up!
Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

The external USB 3.0 connected SSD did not show up!
Hi,

I'm using the Feb 16 2015 version os WinToUSB. I created the image using the Legacy option (not clear on the difference).

The Win 10 build works just fine booting a Macbook Air (2013) but I always get the inaccessible_boot_device on two different Gigabyte motherboards. I'm guessing there is an incorrect setting in the BIOS but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim
Hey I recently bought an super speed usb 3.0 sandisk for windows 10 on usb 3.0 but it doesn't seems to works it only boots from 2.0 when I boot from 3.0 it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE it's still not fixed? I used 2.1 version from site.
Make sure to use the VHD install mode when installing to a USB flash driver.
(02-20-2015, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote: Make sure to use the VHD install mode when installing to a USB flash driver.

Unfortunately even after recreating using the VHD install mode I continue to receive the error message that the boot device is inaccessible.
(02-20-2015, 11:41 AM)tfcb Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 11:04 AM)admin Wrote: Make sure to use the VHD install mode when installing to a USB flash driver.

Unfortunately even after recreating using the VHD install mode I continue to receive the error message that the boot device is inaccessible.

Unfortunetly mee too i tried on 2 diffrent computers sometimes it boots from usb 3.0 sometimes it gives error...
Lightbulb 
(02-18-2015, 08:54 AM)zaphire Wrote: Reply to Question 2:
I managed to get a command prompt up but the same error window also popped up!
I executed
>diskpart
>list disk
But only the two internal (1 TB) drives of my notebook showed up!
Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

The external USB 3.0 connected SSD did not show up!

Hi there,

I actually had the same pb in regards to my external hdd USB 3.0.
It was never seen in diskpart.
And I figured out what was the pb: the USB 3.0 host controller.
As soon as I deactivated the USB 3.0 host controller in the BIOS, then my Extrrnal drive was regognized.

So could you try this and let us know if it worked ?

Cheers,
David
Hello,
here some news from me.
I download the latest patch and installed WIN10 on it without any error.
But if I want to boot from the usb i receive the error message that the boot device is inaccessible. This was done by 2 usb-stick. than i ordered SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive and now it is bootable on the usb3.0 port and really fast to work with WIN10 from this device.

One question: is it possible to resize the partition on the VHD mode from 32 to 64 GB, or should i create a new one with the greater partition?

thanks Smile