Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hasleo Backup Suite V5.9.2.3 Released!
#31
(09-03-2026, 02:54 PM)Froggie Wrote: Users should have some responsibility  Angel  Dodgy

When I download a release, I do a RIGHT<click>/Properties/Details to obtain the release # then rename the file to my naming convention of choice... it's really not a big effort  Rolleyes

Probably much bigger on the part of the Developers...

@Froggie
Did you copy that procedure from me?   ... just kidding.

That's exactly what I do with all my many downloads... not just HBS
that way I have a very consistent method of identifying 
various versions.

JayDee
Reply
#32
(09-03-2026, 02:54 PM)Froggie Wrote: Probably much bigger on the part of the Developers...

Yes, besides changing the website code, we also need to consider the impact of upgrading from the old version to the new version.
Reply
#33
Hasleo Backup Suite V5.9.2.3 Released!

What's new in this version:
1. Fixed an issue that caused file backup to crash
2. Fixed an issue where creating WinPE failed on Windows Server 2016
3. Fixed an issue where the backup type displayed in email notifications was incorrect
4. Fixed an issue where File Explorer crashed in WinPE created from WinRE based on Windows 11 Build 26200.9445

Here are the download links:
X86/X64 Free
X86/X64 Trial
ARM64 Free
ARM64 Trial
Reply
#34
Update went smooth, no problems! File Explorer in WinPE also works perfectly with KB5129195 (26200.9457).
Thanks for the fast response to new issues MS introduces with almost every WinPE update!

One little thing I noticed, maybe this is expected behavior:
HBS needs 2 runs to find the new update. So if you close it again and reopen, the update popup shows.
Reply
#35
@admin,

Your timing was great.  Today was the turn of HBSP to be tested in my tri-weekly testing cycle.  It was a smooth installation directly from the download link.  Unlike @al3x, I did not try to update via the HBSP program, but used the Forum post link you provided.

The Check Image time was marginally increased, but so small, a rounded-off minute, that it could be due to any number of factors.  The HBSP backup and checking image times matched that of MR8, but the HBSP image file was smaller by about 5 GB.

I will be posting my results shortly.  Congratulations on another stable beta release. 👍

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
Reply
#36
(09-18-2026, 06:58 PM)garioch7 Wrote: Congratulations on another stable beta release. 👍

Regards,
Phil

Phil, I didn't see this as a BETA release, I saw this as a standard release with current fixes... did I get it wrong (I see no mention of BETA)!
Reply
#37
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

@al3x: Glad the update went smoothly and that File Explorer in WinPE works with KB5129195. The update-check behavior you mentioned is quite a fine detail, so I need to check with the team before I can give a proper answer.

@garioch7: Thanks you for the detailed testing. This is a bug-fix release; we did not make changes to backup or image checking. A small performance fluctuation is normal and can be caused by the test environment, system load, or other system changes.

@Froggie: Yes, this is an official release, not a BETA. That said, we will indeed be providing a V6 BETA preview version soon.

Have a ncie weekend!
Reply
#38
@Froggie,

Thank you for pointing out my error.  I will amend my "Comparison" post from yesterday.  Somehow I got in my head that this was a beta release ... ?  Blush

Have a great day, and thanks again.

Regards,
Phil
Reply
#39
All went smoothly for me too with 5.9.2.3. Glad to see that qt.conf has been gone for a while now.
Reply
#40
(09-18-2026, 04:12 PM)al3x Wrote: One little thing I noticed, maybe this is expected behavior:
HBS needs 2 runs to find the new update. So if you close it again and reopen, the update popup shows.

I confirm that this is indeed the expected behavior. The update check is performed in a separate thread, and since checking for updates usually takes some time, that thread only sets a "new version available" flag after it finishes. The program will only notify the user about the update the next time the GUI starts.

This could probably be improved, but doing so would make startup take longer.

Have a nice day!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)