Hasleo Software Forums

Full Version: Feature REQUESTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
One feature I would like to see added is ability to restore more than 1 partition at a time (currently it is one at a time in partition mode, or all in disk mode) e.g. restore say 2 out of five partitions in one go.

Also, ability to mount an image in a virtual machine (like aMacrium Viboot) would be great. I know you can do it in a manual way with Hyper-V i.e. boot from recovery usb, have image in a separate vhdx file, and restore image to a blank vhdx file but to do it in one go would be great.
(11-27-2023, 08:03 AM)Jedsted Wrote: [ -> ]One feature I would like to see added is ability to restore more than 1 partition at a time (currently it is one at a time in partition mode, or all in disk mode) e.g. restore say 2 out of five partitions in one go.

Also, ability to mount an image in a virtual machine (like aMacrium Viboot) would be great.  I know you can do it in a manual way with Hyper-V i.e. boot from recovery usb, have image in a separate vhdx file, and restore image to a blank vhdx file but to do it in one go would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions, my development team will consider them.
(11-25-2023, 06:25 AM)Froggie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... that would be great!

The following version allows to run HBS directly in WinPE without application installation.
1. Download and install the version below:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...231127.exe

2. Copy the following folder to WinPE.
C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Program Files\Hasleo Backup Suite

3. Run the AppLoader.exe in the Hasleo Backup Suite\bin directory to start HBS in WinPE.

AppLoader.exe can help register and start the service program in WinPE and then start the graphical user interface program of HBS.
Hi!

I recently tried Hasleo Backup Suite & so far it seems good. There is however one feature I am missing or maybe you can tell if I missed something. I installed HBS in my windows 11 pc & created a system image which by default incl C drive & other boot/system partitions. I use bitlocker on my C drive. I then created winPE disc without the download from Microsoft website. I booted my pc using winPE created by HBS. It showed my bitlocker encrypted C drive but with zero size. I then clicked on tools & use bitlocker tool to unlock the drive using 48 digits recovery key. After that I selected the drive where the backup image was located & restored it. PC rebooted successfully but after login into windows I saw the status of my C drive now is "bitlocker turned off" & when I click on "turn on bitlocker" it starts from the beginning asking me to select a pin & method meaning I will now have to again re-encrypt the entire C drive & will get a new recovery key.

Does this mean every time I use HBS winPE rescue media to restore a system image of a bitlocker encrypted C drive I will have to re-encrypt my C drive & will have a new recovery key?
Another useful feature would be to open a backup as a drive, so you can use File Explorer to manipulate files.

I know you can open an image in file mode but gui is a bit limited.
(11-27-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]

The following version allows to run HBS directly in WinPE without application installation.

C:\Program Files\Hasleo\Hasleo Backup Suite\bin\WINPE\Program Files\Hasleo Backup Suite

3. Run the AppLoader.exe in the Hasleo Backup Suite\bin directory to start HBS in WinPE.

AppLoader.exe can help register and start the service program in WinPE and then start the graphical user interface program of HBS.
Well, results here were a real mixed bag.  Worked fine under the WinPE built by Macrium REFLECT, failed using Strelec's System WinPE environment and also AnkhTech's WinPE environment.  The failures ran without error when running the AppLoader but then nothing presented itself following that.

It must have to do with the different way developers configure their WinPEs...
(11-28-2023, 02:24 AM)Jedsted Wrote: [ -> ]Another useful feature would be to open a backup as a drive, so you can use File Explorer to manipulate files.

I know you can open an image in file mode but gui is a bit limited.

Thanks for your suggestion, many features are on our roadmap, however, our team has limited manpower and resources, so some features may not be available in a short period of time.
(11-27-2023, 10:23 PM)guest123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I recently tried Hasleo Backup Suite & so far it seems good. There is however one feature I am missing or maybe you can tell if I missed something. I installed HBS in my windows 11 pc & created a system image which by default incl C drive & other boot/system partitions. I use bitlocker on my C drive. I then created winPE disc without the download from Microsoft website. I booted my pc using winPE created by HBS. It showed my bitlocker encrypted C drive but with zero size. I then clicked on tools & use bitlocker tool to unlock the drive using 48 digits recovery key. After that I selected the drive where the backup image was located & restored it. PC rebooted successfully but after login into windows I saw the status of my C drive now is "bitlocker turned off" & when I click on "turn on bitlocker" it starts from the beginning asking me to select a pin & method meaning I will now have to again re-encrypt the entire C drive & will get a new recovery key.

Does this mean every time I use HBS winPE rescue media to restore a system image of a bitlocker encrypted C drive I will have to re-encrypt my C drive & will have a new recovery key?

I am sorry that you had to re-encrypt the drive after the restore, all backup software on the market today uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) technology for backups, the data backed up via VSS is unencrypted data, so this issue is common to all backup software on the market.
(11-28-2023, 06:08 AM)Froggie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2023, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, results here were a real mixed bag.  Worked fine under the WinPE built by Macrium REFLECT, failed using Strelec's System WinPE environment and also AnkhTech's WinPE environment.  The failures ran without error when running the AppLoader but then nothing presented itself following that.

It must have to do with the different way developers configure their WinPEs...

You have to make sure you are running 32-bit HBS in 32-bit WinPE and 64-bit HBS in 64-bit WinPE.
When path not found, shoud create just a full backup and then just continuing with incremental, for backing up on diferent USB drives.
Second backup is not an option
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13