Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum USB Size for Windows 10
I am having issues getting my Windows to Go installed. I purchased the Professional software and I can install it on an external hard drive with no issues; however, I've tried both a 16GB and 32GB stick to install windows 10 and it keeps coming up with insufficient space, do I need more space than that? Most W10 installations are less than 16GB. Thank you.
Photo 
(01-18-2017, 12:36 AM)jknepp Wrote: I am having issues getting my Windows to Go installed.  I purchased the Professional software and I can install it on an external hard drive with no issues; however, I've tried both a 16GB and 32GB stick to install windows 10 and it keeps coming up with insufficient space, do I need more space than that?  Most W10 installations are less than 16GB.  Thank you.

Sorry for my late response and thank you for buying our product(s). 16G is large enough when using an ISO to create Windows To Go. If you want to clone an existing Windows OS installation to USB drive, the USB drive must be 20% larger than the used space on source boot partition ( usually C: ). You can find the used space in this window:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=134]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Every time I've tried I encounter this message.  No matter which I select (legacy, etc)  Please help as I think this could be an invaluable tool for me but I haven't yet been able to make it work on a 16GB or 32GB stick.  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-20-2017, 06:43 AM)jknepp Wrote: Every time I've tried I encounter this message.  No matter which I select (legacy, etc)  Please help as I think this could be an invaluable tool for me but I haven't yet been able to make it work on a 16GB or 32GB stick.  

Please send the user.log file to us via e-mail at [email protected], the user.log file is located in the bin folder under the installation directory. Thanks.
I've done that.  Please inform me when you get a chance to take a look.
Thank you very much.
Have a diffrent question.
Is it possible to clone whole Windows 10 with all applications/settings from my hdd drive to WinToUSB Pendrive?

another option:
Is it possible to clone whole Windows 10 with all applications/settings from my hdd drive to WinToUSB Pendrive in option when C: partition with system when it is encrypted with True/Vera Crypt?
(06-02-2018, 04:33 PM)Anunaki Wrote: Have a diffrent question.
Is it possible to clone whole Windows 10 with all applications/settings from my hdd drive to WinToUSB Pendrive?

another option:
Is it possible to clone whole Windows 10 with all applications/settings from my hdd drive to WinToUSB Pendrive in option when C: partition with system when it is encrypted with True/Vera Crypt?

Yes, you can clone whole Windows 10 (including applications and settings) from internal hard disk to a USB drive, and WinToUSB currently doesn't support cloning Windows run on a encrypted partition (such as Bitlocker encryption, Truecrypt, Veracrypt and McAfee encryption), so you need to remove drive encryption on that drive then try cloning. 
So to clone Windows 10 with all apps and settings i have just use the option 3 same as on screen or something diffrent? (and than WinToUSB will close everything from C partition of my internal hdd? or will also clone D partition (i have some apps there installed at Windows) How it will look after done?

http://www.easyuefi.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=134

p.s.
if I will instal or clone WinToUSB...will be possible do windows updates? Maybe you have a list of things which will be not possible with WinToUSB than with standard Windows 10 from internal drive? (diffrences) And are there any works of Easyuefi for new functionality of WinToUSB?
WinToUSB will only clone C drive to USB drive. I'm sorry, upgrading Windows when it is booted from a USB drive is not supported, this is a limitation of Microsoft. You can find more information here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...o-overview

Our product Windows To Go Upgrader can help upgrade your Windows To Go drive, for more information, please refer to:
https://www.easyuefi.com/windows-to-go-u...index.html