Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows To Go Upgrader 2.2 under Win 10 Pro
I have used the Windows to Go Upgrader so far twice and succeeded in the end.
But the Installation process is not self-explanatory since when choosing the Win ISO the Upgrade is not starting automatically when starting up VM.
I had to unpack the Win ISO manually and select Setup.exe. That's not really user-friendly and to be honest your solution can be realized then for free.
(05-11-2018, 05:49 PM)Skylinebasser Wrote: I have used the Windows to Go Upgrader so far twice and succeeded in the end.
But the Installation process is not self-explanatory since when choosing the Win ISO the Upgrade is not starting automatically when starting up VM.
I had to unpack the Win ISO manually and select Setup.exe. That's not really user-friendly and to be honest your solution can be realized then for free.

I'm sorry, Windows To Go Upgrader is just a tool for removing the upgrade restrictions, it's not an automatic upgrade tool, so you have to do the upgrade manually. When you upgrade Windows running on an internal hard disk from an ISO file, you also have to run Setup.exe manually, don't you? So please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused.
Thanks for the quick reply, but why then do I have to choose an Win.ISO in the Upgrader?
(05-11-2018, 06:24 PM)Skylinebasser Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, but why then do I have to choose an Win.ISO in the Upgrader?

If you choose to upgrade from an ISO file, this ISO file will be mounted as a CDROM in Windows running in the VM, then you can run Setup.exe directly from CDROM.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
I am only too glad to be able to help you.
Its really very helpful