Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Win10 Pro on flash drive. VHD or VHDX option?
Creating Win10 Pro Live on USB. There are three options to boot it from. But I'm focused on VHD and VHDX. Which one would be better? Flash drive SanDisk Extreme Pro CZ880 128 GB. 

EDIT: Already have done with this. Chosen a VHDX. System works like a charm  Smile 
And how fast was an installation! 
4 minutes WintoUSB installed plus time for setting up Windows it's all together less than half an hour till I have had seen desktop. For me it is unbelievable fast! 

But my question still open. Was this a good decision about VHDX? Or a VHD option  might be better?
(05-29-2021, 07:43 AM)doer Wrote: Creating Win10 Pro Live on USB. There are three options to boot it from. But I'm focused on VHD and VHDX. Which one would be better? Flash drive SanDisk Extreme Pro CZ880 128 GB. 

EDIT: Already have done with this. Chosen a VHDX. System works like a charm  Smile 
And how fast was an installation! 
4 minutes WintoUSB installed plus time for setting up Windows it's all together less than half an hour till I have had seen desktop. For me it is unbelievable fast! 

But my question still open. Was this a good decision about VHDX? Or a VHD option  might be better?

VHDX is a better choice. The VHD file has a 128 GB limit when you use it to install Windows, VHDX doesn't have such a limit. The VHDX format provides protection against file corruption related to power failures by continuously keeping track of updates in the metadata, this feature is not available with the VHD format. There is not much difference in performance between VHD and VHDX.
Thank you for your explanation.
I am very glad to be able to help you.