Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activate hibernation in windows to go
Hello , I have followed the instructions to allow hibernation in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), but its still not available, tried with powercfg.exe /hibernate on after, but keeps saying it can't be activated because of VHD.
How can it be activated?
How to enable or disable hibernate in Windows To Go workspace?
Thanks
(09-21-2016, 01:50 PM)smashwings Wrote: Hello , I have followed the instructions to allow hibernation in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), but its still not available, tried with powercfg.exe /hibernate on after, but keeps saying it can't be activated because of VHD.
How can it be activated?

Thanks

Sorry, “Hibernate” is not available for Windows operating systems installed on VHD/VHDX, this is a limitation of Microsoft.  
Only on a Non-VHD(X) Windows To Go, Hibernation can be enabled by using Group Policy settings.
(09-21-2016, 10:23 PM)admin Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:50 PM)smashwings Wrote: Hello , I have followed the instructions to allow hibernation in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), but its still not available, tried with powercfg.exe /hibernate on after, but keeps saying it can't be activated because of VHD.
How can it be activated?

Thanks

Sorry, “Hibernate” is not available for Windows operating systems installed on VHD/VHDX, this is a limitation of Microsoft.  
Only on a Non-VHD(X) Windows To Go, Hibernation can be enabled by using Group Policy settings.

Ok thanks.  wintousb allows to create non VHD windows to go? or only can be created with certified drives with windows own application?
(09-21-2016, 10:51 PM)smashwings Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 10:23 PM)admin Wrote:
How can it be activated?

Thanks

Ok thanks.  wintousb allows to create non VHD windows to go? or only can be created with certified drives with windows own application?

WinToUSB allows to create Non-VHD(X) Windows To Go on Windows To Go Certified Drives and External Hard Drives.